Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job without degree, decent salary. Such a thing?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:45 pm
snailmail wrote:
There is no set rule on how much anyone earns for any specific job. If you do a good job and they need you, difficult/impossible to replace, and company does well, they will offer /you can request much more than other places. If you do a mediocre job, there are plenty of replacements, company not that successful, you wont earn as much.

Unfortunately most people r replaceable

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:48 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Unfortunately most people r replaceable

it cost alot of money to replace an employee

most places try to avoid that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 18 2023, 1:49 pm
So, for those saying computer related things, I'm really not techy at all.
I also wasn't clear- I don't mind getting a certificate/diploma, I just don't want to have to go through a ton of schooling. I was recently looking into becoming an Opthalmology technician, but there are no such courses in my area. Any other ideas along those lines? (I do not want to be a dental hygienist- I CANNOT look into people's mouths like that)

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:23 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
I have a managing position which I do remotely.
It’s a lot of responsibility but it only takes around 5/6 hours per week.

I make around 50k. I consider it a goldmine. I know I’m lucky. I’ve always dreamed of having such a job and never knew I’ll have it one day.

Where can I find jobs like this? I don’t understand. And I live in lakewood where salaries are supposed to be higher than other places!

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:24 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
I think the only way to really make it big without a degree is having your own business. Takes a lot of work and commintment and blood, sweat, and tears and a long time. But people can eventually earn a lot if they are successful.

Otherwise I think you can make nice salaries without a degree, but there is a limit to how much.

I work about 12 hours a week, plus some extra work I take home. I bh make about 50k before taxes. I think it's great for a part time worker without a degree and I'm thrilled with my salary bh. But I think I'm maxing out my feild. Without a degree this is close to as much as I'll ever make in this job (except if maybe I'll take on a lot more responsibility.)

How much are you looking to earn?

Or this?

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:25 pm
Babysitting in lakewood u cud make a lot

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:28 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Or this?

I obviously don't know any of the people who have these jobs, but I would guess that pull was involved in getting them, or the person doing the hiring has no idea what the job is truly worth and is way overpaying. If you set your expectations that high, you will be waiting forever.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:32 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Babysitting in lakewood u cud make a lot

You’re not babysitting and making that much money in those hours

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Jasmine wrote:
I obviously don't know any of the people who have these jobs, but I would guess that pull was involved in getting them, or the person doing the hiring has no idea what the job is truly worth and is way overpaying. If you set your expectations that high, you will be waiting forever.

The posters didn’t say anything about pull and if it was a mistake, I’m sure they wouldn’t be overpaying every year without correcting

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:38 pm
For many professions, a course is as good as a degree. Think programing, IT, real estate etc.

In other professions is really hard to find a job if you don't have a degree, like accounting for example.

It all depends on what field of work you're looking into.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:40 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
You’re not babysitting and making that much money in those hours

?
Don't understand. It's a high paying job that doesn't require a degree. You could take 5-6 babies and charge 7$ each and = 35$-40$ an hour. Most people do it for 5-6 hours a day and 3 hours on Friday.
About 40,000 a year.

ysydmom

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:43 pm
Job Ideas;

Life Guard
Sunday or weekday art or dance teacher
seamstress
bra fitter
Teach music or voice lessons
Office manager
Fitness Trainer
Food decorator/baker/meat board/cook/chef
Store owner or business owner
Write a book

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
The preparation time for high school is insane, so if you add that in, plus making up tests, marking, and speaking to parents, your actual salary is WAY less than $86 an hour.

(I'm not a teacher but my friends are and I see how hard they work. Especially high school, each period needs tons of preparation time).

As an elementary teacher, my workload is just as large and I make less than half of that too

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
The posters didn’t say anything about pull and if it was a mistake, I’m sure they wouldn’t be overpaying every year without correcting

Just because it wasnt mentioned, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Good luck.

amother
Carnation

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 10:43 pm
amother Jean wrote:
?
Don't understand. It's a high paying job that doesn't require a degree. You could take 5-6 babies and charge 7$ each and = 35$-40$ an hour. Most people do it for 5-6 hours a day and 3 hours on Friday.
About 40,000 a year.

The posts I was quoting were from people working 5-12 hours a week total.

I was asking where I can find a job like that:)

jd1212

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:16 pm
ysydmom wrote:
Job Ideas;

Life Guard
Sunday or weekday art or dance teacher
seamstress
bra fitter
Teach music or voice lessons
Office manager
Fitness Trainer
Food decorator/baker/meat board/cook/chef
Store owner or business owner
Write a book

Writing a book is not lucrative for 99.99% of people. Life guard, bra fitter, cooks, are close to min wage jobs. Curious how you came up with these in particular…

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:40 pm
I make over $50 per period teaching high school. I have a degree but I know many teachers don't. you get paid for 40 weeks, regardless of vacation. So it depends how many periods you take on.

so 20 periods a week, x $50/period x 40 weeks = $40,000. This is just part time. I have a different job in mornings.

mikayla18

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 12:05 am
Daven to Hashem. It took me a while to get a degree and I've gone from jobs where I make pennies to jobs where I BH can live comfortably. My degrees didn't change from job to job, only Hashem decided that my Mazel did.
I now have a degree and my salary didn't even go up because of it 🙃
(Also see if you can tutor Wink

nicole81

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 1:31 am
amother OP wrote:
So, for those saying computer related things, I'm really not techy at all.
I also wasn't clear- I don't mind getting a certificate/diploma, I just don't want to have to go through a ton of schooling. I was recently looking into becoming an Opthalmology technician, but there are no such courses in my area. Any other ideas along those lines? (I do not want to be a dental hygienist- I CANNOT look into people's mouths like that)

How about a nuclear medicine technician? You just need a 2 year degree. Lots of community colleges offer the courses. Check out the allied health departments if a local CC.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 2:03 am
What do you mean high school teachers don't need a degree? Is that subject specific, like if you want to teach math and science, surely you need to have learned it to a higher level then you are teaching it?
(I'm not American, just reading this for curiousty, but I'm totally shocked by this, can someone explain.)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics