Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Item in MM you keep and benefit from, long after Purim?
Previous  1  2  3

little neshamala

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 9:10 am
OP ive never actually gotten this, but if I did get a nice pitcher that can hold drinks at the shabbos table, I'd love that. Love putting my shabbos drinks in prettty/funky pitchers.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 9:41 am
STovah wrote:
I get one nice one from a certain close relative with a higher end tray or bowl that I keep. Other porcelain trays or glass platters typically get thrown out because I don’t have space to store so many things. I used to keep things like that but my motto now is, why throw out
later what you can throw out now.

same same same!
I've kept such stuff for way too long....

I give it away with all my kids outgrown trendy stuff.
End of season, whatever is still in a very good condition I put away to pass down but onlyt the very basic items. like outerwear snow boots rain boots rain coat, jackets, solid t'shirts /shells/dickies/turtlenecks black solid skirts PJs....
The trendy stuff like dresses that are dated, tops..... that will be too out of style in 2 years I give away, and I use these to wrap up the dishes/trays whatever. there is a lady in the community who takes it, sorts it and people come to take whatever they needs. clothes and housewares.
it feels good that at least someone is having a use out of it instead of just dumping it in the trash....

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 10:49 am
One year we did a wooden cutting board as the tray (it was vegetables and dips) and everyone has mentioned that they still use it.
Mason jars, cookie jars.
Someone I know gave ice cream with toppings and am ice cream scoop that I still use.
Another time we got a nice loaf pan.
The problem I have is it all sits around till I get around to toiveling.

mommyla

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 12:23 pm
How about wine with a good corkscrew or some other wine accessory?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:26 pm
years ago, if I got nice trays I save them for neighbor's halom zochors. but since covid I haven't baked or sent food,

having said that, I like to give a box of tea in the shalach manos; I hope people put it in their cabinet and use it.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics