Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Google knows everything 😳

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:26 pm
I did HT one day last week. I recorded it on mymikvahcalendar. Over shabbos, I had 3 questionable bedikas. Last night I sent them all to the rav. He called me back this morning and left me a voicemail saying they're all not good. An hour later I got a reminder text to perform HT before sunset. I hadn't adjusted anything on my online calendar yet.

For anyone who doesn't use the online calendar, it will send texts/emails until HT is recorded online.

Was that just a glitch? Or did Google understand that my HT was no longer valid?! 🤔

scintilla

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:35 pm
Very odd. I would ask the mikvah app people - I believe there's a number to call. But I don't see how Google comes into it here? It's the calendar app that sends the reminders not Google. Are you sure you didn't enter the shaila or something?

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
I did HT one day last week. I recorded it on mymikvahcalendar. Over shabbos, I had 3 questionable bedikas. Last night I sent them all to the rav. He called me back this morning and left me a voicemail saying they're all not good. An hour later I got a reminder text to perform HT before sunset. I hadn't adjusted anything on my online calendar yet.

For anyone who doesn't use the online calendar, it will send texts/emails until HT is recorded online.

Was that just a glitch? Or did Google understand that my HT was no longer valid?! 🤔

It probably sent you a reminder every day, but you didn't see the other reminders because it was over shabbos

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 5:03 pm
I don't understand what this has to do with google. Google doesn't make mikvah apps
Maybe some sort of glitch but I can't figure out why you think it would be Google.

cbsp

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:37 pm
Was the info from the mikvah app received via an email to a Gmail address? There's a setting in the Gmail app to turn off auto creating calendar entries (it's on by default) based on email contents.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics