Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can you recommend shower head system? Which company? rain sh

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 5:36 pm
Hi,

Would you recommend a regular shower head or rain shower?
Do you use the handheld shower?

Can you tell me which brand you have and if you're happy with it?

Local stores are quoting much higher prices than brands sold on amazon. If its cheaply made the ones from amazon and I will have problem with it- its not worth it.

Can you please share your experience.

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:21 pm
anyone please?

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 6:33 pm
A hand held shower head is a necessity even if you use it to clean the shower. But how else do you properly rinse your bottom parts. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

You should not get cheap shower fixtures because it is extremely expensive to replace shower valves and you want them to last as log as possible. You don’t want to access the valves because it is difficult to do and might require knocking into a portion of the wall for access.

Both Moen and Delta make quality plumbing fixtures ant a reasonable price point and they have lifetime guarantees. Even those brands range in price because some styles and finishes are more expensive but that is looks rather than function.

Why are you purchasing these items. In my experience having remodeled two bathrooms, you select the style and then your GC orders all of the parts necessary. That way he is responsible for everything being delivered on time and all of the necessary parts including the rough being correct.

Rain shower heads are a trend but many people don’t actually like using them because you are standing under the flow of the water. You could of course have a rain shower head, a regular shower head and a hand held with the appropriate diverter to select the source.

Make sure the person who is building the shower is skilled and ask what kind of waterproofing system they are using. Also don’t neglect putting in grab bars because they need to be put into the studs and so it is better to do it while the shower is being built. Also any one can slip in the shower and they are a safety measure for people of all ages.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:11 pm
Thank you for your helpful response.

I am totally clueless. We are doing a new extension. GC asked us to buy plumbing for shower. The price is drastically different from local stores to online. Thank you for pointing out Delta as good company. I will look into that.

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 7:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for your helpful response.

I am totally clueless. We are doing a new extension. GC asked us to buy plumbing for shower. The price is drastically different from local stores to online. Thank you for pointing out Delta as good company. I will look into that.

Any other advice greatly appreciated.

In my experience buying the plumbing fixtures is odd because the GC can purchase them and they are the same or less money even with their markup.

There are a lot of hidden parts that you don’t see which are called the rough and the rough and the parts you see have to fit together correctly. That is why it makes more sense to have the GC purchase everything so they are his responsibility that they are correct.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics