Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Peasach house rentals other than Orlando
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 7:50 pm
Hi,

I Know many people rent houses in Orlando for peasach but I heard from someone (not sure who) that people are now starting to do the same thing in south or North Carolina. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 28 2022, 8:30 pm
Sandbridge in Virginia Beach is becoming more and more popular every year. I know a small private group that goes to the Outer Banks in NC, but it's much farther and more expensive.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:29 am
anyone know anything about this?

gottago

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:25 am
Second sandbridge in VA Beach. But you have to bring everything yourself.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:27 am
Sandbridge is really nice big houses right on the beach. We were there last year chol.hamoed.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 7:14 am
amother Royalblue wrote:
Sandbridge is really nice big houses right on the beach. We were there last year chol.hamoed.

Would love to hear more details. Did you rent an air bnb or other such type websites? If yes, did you have to remove all chometz when you arrived? Are there Jewish rentals so to speak? If yes, where can I find those? Is there a website or whatsapp group for this? I'm really considering this, since we can easily drive 7-8 hours vs flying to orlando with a whole family of kids kh.

doctorima

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 8:03 am
No Jewish rentals. You have to do all the cleaning and kashering yourself. People rent from either Siebert or Sandbridge rental agencies. Check their websites for options and pricing.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 9:31 am
Does anyone know prices of house rentals?

LO

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 4:37 pm
Any other locations that are driving distance from the tristate area and somewhat warm?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 7:56 am
This place Sandbridge looked so good until I saw that pool won’t be opened till April 29 Sad
Any other good ideas?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 8:27 am
following

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:04 am
doctorima wrote:
No Jewish rentals. You have to do all the cleaning and kashering yourself. People rent from either Siebert or Sandbridge rental agencies. Check their websites for options and pricing.

But surely the whole point of going away is so you don’t have to clean and kasher yourself?

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 10:05 am
doctorima wrote:
Sandbridge in Virginia Beach is becoming more and more popular every year. I know a small private group that goes to the Outer Banks in NC, but it's much farther and more expensive.

Do the people who go to the Outer Banks in NC clean and kasher their own place?

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 4:23 pm
amother Chestnut wrote:
Do the people who go to the Outer Banks in NC clean and kasher their own place?

Yes

doctorima

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 4:24 pm
amother Lightgreen wrote:
This place Sandbridge looked so good until I saw that pool won’t be opened till April 29 Sad
Any other good ideas?

Some rental agencies will allow the pool to be opened earlier for a fee (I believe around $150-$200). I think Siebert doesn't but Sandbridge does. Definitely call and ask before booking anything, but don't rule it out if a pool is essential.

There are also places that have indoor pools. They're not cheap, but the outdoor pools can be cold at that time of year even if you get it open, so many feel that indoor is the way to go if it's in your budget.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 4:27 pm
The house comes clean, you don't really have to clean it. The chabad rabbi in Virginia beach will kasher for a fee. If it's important to you, find out the model of the oven beforehand. Mine had a new self clean that was steam and didn't get hot enough to kasher.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 4:30 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
The house comes clean, you don't really have to clean it. The chabad rabbi in Virginia beach will kasher for a fee. If it's important to you, find out the model of the oven beforehand. Mine had a new self clean that was steam and didn't get hot enough to kasher.

So how did you cook/heat up food??

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 8:38 pm
Is there anyone to contact to find out more info about Virginia? Or a chat?

AliG

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:11 am
How can I find out more about the group in North Carolina? Is there a WhatsApp chat? We have done this before and it’s a wonderful family bonding experience. If someone is going this year please pm me.

DVOM

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 4:22 am
Try Unique Adventures!

They run the funnest looking Pesach programs in absolutely beautiful places. I know they had a group in NC and Utah last year.

The number is 732-806-1279. She'll send you videos of the properties and programs.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics