Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kashrus or restaurants in Amsterdam

mollie21

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 12:02 pm
my husband and I are taking a flight from NY to TLV and have a 15 hour stopover in amsterdam during daytime hours. anyone know how kashrus works there or which restaurants are kosher? TIA

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 1:11 pm
Yep Dutchie here... It is not super super big. Your husband should go form Schiphol to Buitenveldert area, especially the Kastelenstraat. There is a beis medrash with minyanim daily (but not like minyan factory) and I can give u the number of the Rav in charge if u pm me since I don't know the times there is also a number on the website of chabadamsterdamcenter.com . Furthermore there are a few restaurants in the Kastelenstraat a grill called Golan (not recommended) , a pizza shop Pizza&Co which is ok but no where near NYC standards (DH says).... Then you can get sncaks at Rimon bakery and a sandwich (again nothing NEAR NYC), and next to Rimon there is Meat me which is too a meat restaurant.

https://chabadamsterdamcenter......rdam/

If I lived in the area and wasn't due this week you were more then welcome to have supper and a rest in my house

Last edited by Chickensoupprof on Tue, Feb 21 2023, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 1:12 pm
https://chabadamsterdamcenter......rket/ the supermarkets
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics