Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Little boys peeing in public
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 2:43 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
Why are you watching what other people do? I find it creepy that you are watching a little boy go to the toilet. With all due respect, please get a life.

Well that’s really nice of you.

I was walking over to sit down in that area and had to take a detour to avoid the peeing kid and his mother. I would not have noticed otherwise.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:09 am
I definitely let my boys do it. We try and find the most covered space so people don't see and so it's not where people sit. When you need you need.
My husband wouldn't go in a park, but does when we hike or in empty areas. Heck, I've even gone in the woods many times as have my girls.
When there is no bathroom near by....you gotta go when you gotta go.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 3:50 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Why does it matter whose pee it is? Pee on public property is gross. Girls, boys, children, adult, human and animal.

I'm going through this thread and I'm sorry but I couldn't move past this post, because it's so hilarious. Where exactly do you think animals do their business?

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 4:36 am
gr82no wrote:
I guess you never go outside or anywhere because bird poop is everywhere.

And it’s gross.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:01 am
Obviously if you are in the middle of the wilderness, miles from public facilities, who would object to you relieving yourself outdoors?

But if you are within walking distance of a proper toilet, you should use it.

I remember being at a highway rest stop on Kvish Sheish (a major highway in Israel) equipped with a convenience store, two coffee shops, picnic tables, and clean restroom facilities. We stopped to use the bathroom, stretch our legs, and have a light picnic snack using food we brought. We sit down and opened our insulated bags, and at the next table, some mother is letting her kid pee in the grass right next to where we are eating. It's a rest stop -- there are bathrooms not 20 meters away. How lazy can you be?

Another time, we were strolling around a warm summer afternoon in Ben Yehudah and I stopped to get a fruit smoothie. I sat on a bench formed by a large square planter holding a large tree. 4-5 others were sitting on other sides of this planter, eating light snacks and sipping smoothies, licking ice cream cones, etc. All of a sudden this little boy, guided by his mother, climbs into the planter to urinate. Right next to were we are eating. Yuck. Go into a restaurant or shop or bank.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:08 am
Peeing outside is fine as long as it isn’t February and no one is shooting at the enemy 20 meters away.

Urgh this thread is so triggering.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:17 am
Why does it matter whose pee it is? Pee on public property is gross. Girls, boys, children, adult, human and animal.

What is public property in your eyes? A forrest? A desert? The sea?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:19 am
And it’s gross.

Can't Believe It

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:23 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
What is public property in your eyes? A forrest? A desert? The sea?

A city, in front of others, places were other people may sit down etc.

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 5:52 am
amother OP wrote:
I was at the park recently and saw a frum woman take her son to a tree in the corner to pee next to. It really grossed me out - peeing should be done in private! Plus there are pedophiles, your kids genitals shouldn’t be exposed in public like that. Not to mention if I didn’t see the kid peeing, I could have sat down near that tree afterwards not knowing I’d be getting wet from urine.

I am a girl mom so no personal experience here. I see how much more convenient it is to have your kid pee outdoors but gross, please don’t.

Am I unique in holding this view?

Yes it *should* be but how is a "tree in the corner" not private? Why is "peeing" gross? If this grosses you out are you not grossed out by public park restrooms? Dogs pee by trees all the time. Pedophiles aren't going to prey on kids because they pee by a tree. They know where the privates are, peeing or not. If it bothers you, then YOU look away and mind your own business. Probably the child is still in the process of being trained and mothers dont' want to lose progress by him having an accident and he didn't give his mother enough warning.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 6:09 am
To avoid that situation if you travel by car a potty with liner bag or portable container in the car helps when you have small children.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 6:49 am
sequoia wrote:
Peeing outside is fine as long as it isn’t February and no one is shooting at the enemy 20 meters away.

Urgh this thread is so triggering.

I know what you mean
I was in Africa the other week. No bathrooms for miles and miles. Everyone pees and poops outside and bathes in a crocodile infested lake. #firstworldproblems

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 7:23 am
amother Amber wrote:
To avoid that situation if you travel by car a potty with liner bag or portable container in the car helps when you have small children.

There are many "shoulds" in this case, and it's impossible to take every situation into account, but it doesn't mean that it needs to be a PSA. It happens, I've witnessed kids throwing up into park garbage cans. To *me* that is more gross than peeing, but I understand that sometimes you have no choice.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 7:34 am
miami85 wrote:
There are many "shoulds" in this case, and it's impossible to take every situation into account, but it doesn't mean that it needs to be a PSA. It happens, I've witnessed kids throwing up into park garbage cans. To *me* that is more gross than peeing, but I understand that sometimes you have no choice.

My kids have thrown up on sidewalks, on airport floors etc.
a lot less warning than pee

miami85

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:43 am
giftedmom wrote:
My kids have thrown up on sidewalks, on airport floors etc.
a lot less warning than pee

Very true, point is to me vomit is way more gross than pee. Pee is sterile.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:50 am
miami85 wrote:

by the way, this is a myth. Urine is not sterile, but yeah way less germy then vomit.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 11:50 am
miami85 wrote:

The sterile thing is a myth. But yes, I think a lot of us are more icked out by vomit than urine.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics