Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Rav for maaser

EM1

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 11:14 pm
My maaser has been a mess-couldn’t keep track of it. I think I’ve finally figured out a system for the future but is there a rov who can help me figure out what to do about the past? Problem isn’t lack of funds but organizational skills…

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 1:30 am
Do you have a Rav do you go to for other things? After listening to a great podcast it really inspired me and asked my husband if he could open up a separate banking account where 10% after taxes would go straight to a separate account. Has been a game changer for us. It makes it so easy to keep track of and we definitely seen a lot of blessings since we started doing it. Otherwise we waited to the end of the year to see where we were really holding and it either given too much or not enough. Can't say we're 100% perfect with it but way better than we were before. And I don't even think you have to have a huge amount to do it. And remember with the minimum for the bank account was but we had enough to do that. Maybe we didn't even need anything I don't remember.

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 1:34 am
Yes we have a separate (but attached) bank account where we transfer 10% of every paycheck.

Makes it so easy to keep track of.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Feb 21 2023, 9:40 pm
I have a separate account but I also have a note on my phone where I write every dime and dollar that my husband and I make (even if it's cash etc). I always make sure to write the maaser we owe (or are owed when we pay it forward). I was taught when I was a kid to keep track otherwise it doesn't count (if you don't give with a cheshbon) so I never didn't write it down.. Were big believers in paying maaser forward (and are blessed to be able to give a chomesh (20%) instead of maaser) and Baruch Hashem we see bracha every day because of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics