Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
New Seminary - Machon Sara
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Dec 23 2022, 9:40 am
DD said that when they came to her school, they didn't seem to have a clear picture of what/who they wanted. They gave the impression that it would depend on who they get.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 7:16 pm
amother Blush wrote:
DD said that when they came to her school, they didn't seem to have a clear picture of what/who they wanted. They gave the impression that it would depend on who they get.

That’s funny. Why would she think that? I went to the open house in Lakewood and it sounded amazing. They sounded like they very clearly knew who they wanted: solid, frum BY girls who love learning. Sounds like they’re expecting a very good crowd. I heard of some really great girls who applied. Sounds like it’s gonna be hard to get in.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 8:38 pm
amother Blush wrote:

I feel like this is the way it works with brand new seminaries - it all depends on who they get.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 8:42 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Principal of BY Ramapo I believe. Solomon

Is this Aidy Solomon?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sat, Dec 24 2022, 8:42 pm
Why did mrs. Rosenblum leave Machon Raayah?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 11:41 am
amother Babypink wrote:
Is this Aidy Solomon?

Yes

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 6:00 am
I hear they’re really getting great girls! Girls who could’ve gone to BJJ but want something more open-minded and better classes.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:22 am
How do you know? They haven't given the answers who's in.
And does great girls equal academic?

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 8:31 am
From what I understood this seminary is looking for academic. So, while I believe every girls is great in their own way in this case I mean academic, frum, nice, etc.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:13 am
If anyone’s daughter applied here did they get in? Yes? No? Are they going?

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:13 am
My daughter is deciding bH

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:02 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
If anyone’s daughter applied here did they get in? Yes? No? Are they going?

Yes to getting in, but she has 2 other acceptances as well bH and isn't really considering Machon Sara as her first choice in the end

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 11:44 am
My daughter got into Michlalah, Mesores Rochel, and Machon Sarah.
She really does not know which to go to. I don’t want to sound Braggy but I think even girls who get into three may rather a fairer system where everyone gets into one.
She’s probably going to say no to Mesores Rochel just because she’s upset about the elitism.
A big decision like this is very hard.

shirs

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 3:21 pm
Is anyone's daughter there now? Do they put a lot of pressure on academics? Are they super busy? It seems like my daughter's type, she wants to learn but she does not want to stress about the academics..

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 6:52 pm
I would like to know as well. My DD is very interested but we can't get a feel for their academics. We wonder how they compare to Machon Raaya and Bnos Sarah.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 9:50 pm
Bump

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Dec 02 2023, 10:04 pm
I just want to point out that we excitedly got ahold of an application and discovered that their tuition for next year is $31,500.
Ouch.
I think we are going to move on.

But I will say that we have gotten glowing reports from the girls who are there and their families. It sounds like a really great place and they have gotten it together very quickly.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 8:10 pm
I think it’s a bit more than other seminaries due to its excellent programs (I think they have lots of extra programs, and they’re spossed to be great). I know someone there…supposedly they give scholarships for really good girls so I wouldn’t discount it so easily if you’re interested.

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Why did mrs. Rosenblum leave Machon Raayah?

It sounds like Machon Raaya eventually moved away from how it was originally (I was in one of the first few years there), and Machon Sara fills that gap. I was happy to hear Mrs Rosenblum would be involved because of this, although I didn't call her up to ask why...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 03 2023, 11:59 pm
amother Blushpink wrote:
It sounds like Machon Raaya eventually moved away from how it was originally (I was in one of the first few years there), and Machon Sara fills that gap. I was happy to hear Mrs Rosenblum would be involved because of this, although I didn't call her up to ask why...

This is the sense I get also. I was in Machon Raaya during one of its very early years and the description of Machon Sara really reminds me of how MR was when I was there. I miss it!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info