Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais dovid monsey- need updated info
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 1:14 pm
Hi,

Please write everything you know about this cheder. What I know is that it’s “old school” and can’t get help if child needs help with school.

Is it still that way?
What’s the crowd like?

Thanks

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:23 pm
Divided into three divisions. Each one operates differently. Strictly no hitting. Frum yeshivish and non affiliated chasidim (trimmed beards are frowned upon) top division is incredible

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Red wrote:
Divided into three divisions. Each one operates differently. Strictly no hitting. Frum yeshivish and non affiliated chasidim (trimmed beards are frowned upon) top division is incredible

No hitting? Since when?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Lavender wrote:
No hitting? Since when?

Seven years? Ten years? Something like that it’s the official policy

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 4:29 pm
amother Red wrote:
Seven years? Ten years? Something like that it’s the official policy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:54 pm
amother Red wrote:

Thanks for responding. What does divisions mean? I’m not sure I understand

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:56 pm
amother OP wrote:

K1,2 is one division
345 is the second
678 is the third

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:58 pm
amother OP wrote:

Kindergarten- Kitah Gimmel or daled is one menahel. Rabbi Mashinsky
Daled through Vav is Rabbi Bayer
And upper grades Rabbi Friedman

My children started becoming disgruntled after Kitah zayin or so. Menahel is great. They didn’t jive with some rebbeim which caused issues.
English dept is a sham. Got worse with each year.
Child before had a much better education than the child there now. Plus my child struggles scholastically. They provide title 1 but nobody ever reached out . Teacher kicks the kids out of class . Not impressed.
Never had big problems there. The problem starts if your child has issues. They are not so willing to work with the parents . They rather suggest switching schools.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 5:58 pm
Got it thanks!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Canary wrote:
Kindergarten- Kitah Gimmel or daled is one menahel. Rabbi Mashinsky
Daled through Vav is Rabbi Bayer
And upper grades Rabbi Friedman

My children started becoming disgruntled after Kitah zayin or so. Menahel is great. They didn’t jive with some rebbeim which caused issues.
English dept is a sham. Got worse with each year.
Child before had a much better education than the child there now. Plus my child struggles scholastically. They provide title 1 but nobody ever reached out . Teacher kicks the kids out of class . Not impressed.
Never had big problems there. The problem starts if your child has issues. They are not so willing to work with the parents . They rather suggest switching schools.

Wow thanks for taking the time to respond!

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 6:03 pm
I believe every yeshivah has the No hitting policy 😅
I've heard from two mothers in this yeshivah that they absolutely do not put up with kids who are non-average/behavioral.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 6:05 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I've heard from two mothers in this yeshivah that they absolutely do not put up with kids who are non-average/behavioral.

Actually the non academic kids have a harder time than the behavioral set. They have three therapists who see kids in the yeshiva some are there pretty full time.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:46 pm
So much depends on which rebbi you end up with. My son was never a struggling child but all of a sudden this year he's with an older rebbi and he's being sent out of class tons. He's totally not equipped to deal with him. It's either the Rebbeim have it or not. So it's mazel. Otherwise I really liked the place.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 9:00 pm
My son has ADHD and through the years has struggled. They try their best to accommodate but their best doesn't quite cut it. Depending on the Rebbe, some Rebbeim will work with you more than others. It's not an ideal place for a struggling child.

The families are great and I think the Chinuch is good. They don't seem to make the kids crazy about stuff. The whole place is a bit laid back.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi,

Please write everything you know about this cheder. What I know is that it’s “old school” and can’t get help if child needs help with school.

Is it still that way?
What’s the crowd like?

Thanks

Yes it’s still super old school.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:50 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:

Bais Dovid had rebbeim eight years ago that were violent to the kids. Sadly, the no hitting rule is more new than you’d think.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:51 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
Bais Dovid had rebbeim eight years ago that were violent to the kids. Sadly, the no hitting rule is more new than you’d think.

Sadly they still have staff that hit.

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:53 pm
Umm whoever said no hitting that is absolutely not true.
My brothers went to this school, I currently have a few Nephews in this school and THERE IS HITTING!
It’s more than old school, if your child has the smallest challenge they will not help you take care of the issues and thus the child struggles tremendously.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:54 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
Sadly they still have staff that hit.

I’m not surprised. I was skeptical of that claim.

Absolutely heartbreaking, evil and so wrong. I can’t believe this still happens in 2023. I wish the rebbeim could be reported to the cops but social pressure will stop parents from doing it.

My nephew was in Bais Dovid eight years ago and it was routine to see kids being hit in the halls by a certain principal. My nephew’s rebbi smashed his head down on his desk because he wasn’t looking into his Sefer. He came home bleeding.

These people are going to pay for what they’re doing in the next world. OP, if there’s a different yeshiva you could send your kid to, please do.

amother
Dahlia

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 11:40 am
I was told by 2 rebbeim that the current menahel does not allow hitting.
Is this true?

Thinking of it as an option and definitely don't want to send if there is hitting involved.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics