Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Check your email!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:28 pm
What, 5,000 applicants?? How is it possible? How many girls in ALL of BY seminaries in Israel already? 2,000 tops?
Maybe 500?

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:31 pm
That's what I heard but it doesn't really make sense. Could be I misheard or somebody misspoke... Smile
Either way, there were definitely many many more applicants than slots and a lot of girls were rejected this year...

Mollie

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:32 pm
A lot of amazing girls are rejected every year. I doubt this year is any different than any other.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:33 pm
solution should be that high schools should push one israel seminary and one us seminary this way US becomes more popular and kids still feel good ..... doesn't have to be all Israel all the time.

My dd got waitlisted regardless I am not so set on Israel I feel it's hyped up way too much. She really wants to go so we will see what happens.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:41 pm
IF a rejection letter doesnt say anything about waiting list or pending, that means she's not on it? or that's how they wrote all their letters?
Also, does anyone know if theres a point in trying to call the school, to ask that question I wrote above to see if she's even on the waiting list, and if she is what the chances are?
Does anyone do that? I don't want to be seen as a nudge. and they wrote in the letter please don't call our office.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 8:46 pm
amother Natural wrote:
solution should be that high schools should push one israel seminary and one us seminary this way US becomes more popular and kids still feel good ..... doesn't have to be all Israel all the time.

My dd got waitlisted regardless I am not so set on Israel I feel it's hyped up way too much. She really wants to go so we will see what happens.

Israel is hyped up cuz Israel is absolutely amazing. The air there hits different. It’s a sense of home like no other place. I’ve never considered it hyped up

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 9:31 pm
amother Green wrote:
Israel is hyped up cuz Israel is absolutely amazing. The air there hits different. It’s a sense of home like no other place. I’ve never considered it hyped up

Yes, Israel is amazing and is our home. Doesn't mean 95% of graduates have to spend the whole year there.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 9:33 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
IF a rejection letter doesnt say anything about waiting list or pending, that means she's not on it? or that's how they wrote all their letters?
Also, does anyone know if theres a point in trying to call the school, to ask that question I wrote above to see if she's even on the waiting list, and if she is what the chances are?
Does anyone do that? I don't want to be seen as a nudge. and they wrote in the letter please don't call our office.

Can you ask the principal/mechaneches? Maybe email the seminary (if they said not to call)?
What does the letter say?

pgk

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:04 pm
Responses I got from 2 places specifically said waitlisted/pending and specified that should a spot open up she would be priority. BH my DD got into the seminary she wanted to go to. So funny that you say this year so many good girls didn’t get in. I feel like (in Brooklyn at least) an unprecedented number of girls did get in and many to their first choice

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Feb 22 2023, 10:14 pm
amother Natural wrote:

How are US seminaries a solution?

How many of them are there already? Not many.

We applied to Migdal it's first year. Were told they want 40 girls. Over 90 attended that first year.

I went to the Kerem open house. You couldn't even get in the hall. When I called to speak to them and find out more. They did not call me back.

Bnod chaim has become impossible to get into.

There's a few more in Brooklyn and one in Toronto. I don't know of any more.

I would not rely on the US sems.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:14 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
Lakewood places? Absolutely ridiculous. What's their excuse?

My daughter applied to Lakewood seminary that told her at the interview that they were only taking the smartest girls, and she didn’t cut it. It was thrilling.

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:12 am
amother Khaki wrote:
My daughter applied to Lakewood seminary that told her at the interview that they were only taking the smartest girls, and she didn’t cut it. It was thrilling.

Omg, so horrible!! So sorry! Some mechanchos...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:24 am
amother Green wrote:

There's no question it's amazing. But chutz la'aretz seminaries offer so much and should be promoted as a viable option too.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info