Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Newborn bottle refusal help!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:08 pm
My baby is 5 weeks old (exclusively nursing) and I gave her a bottles here and there (probably 4 times total till now) and she took it well. The past two days I’ve been trying to be much better about giving it more often and she’s not taking it. I’ve tried different bottles. I’ve tried when she’s hungry and when she’s not. I’ve tried different temperatures of milk and different positions to hold her. My son never took one and it was difficult for me because I couldn't leave him.
Is there hope still that she will take one? Looking for any advice to get her to take it please.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:11 pm
Advice for the next kid - give a bottle once a day starting from when they’re born.

amother
Calendula

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 7:16 pm
Have your husband give it to him

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:51 pm
Giving a bottle every day from when they're born, is the only way that gives you the biggest chance of babies taking a bottle nicely. I'm very on top of this with all my kids. So far, it worked by all bh.

amother
Viola

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Have your husband give it to him

This! My daughter only took a bottle from other people, not from me.

Also I tried the same thing, offered a bottle every once in a while and she took out, but then for a few days refused it. Tried again 2 days later and she took it, now takes bottles every day at the babysitter. There is hope! Definitely keep trying!

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:58 pm
I've heard that if you stick bottle's nipple in your bra for a little while it takes your scent and baby take bottle more easily.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 11:52 pm
amother Hyacinth wrote:
Advice for the next kid - give a bottle once a day starting from when they’re born.

Yup. Hubby did one formula feeding a night for me since day one. I did wonders for my mental health. On days I was overhwlemed he gave two bottles.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics