Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Extra income ideas

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:24 pm
Hi
I work everyday from 9-3:30, I'm looking to do something in the evenings that will bring in an extra 1000-1500$ a month so I can pay for my daughter's seminary tuition for next year, any ideas? I'm in the Lakewood area but preferably something I can do from home
Thank you

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:26 pm
Maybe sell something on Etsy or Amazon? Take a kriah course? Tutor kids in subject u r good at. Take in a border. Cut down on anything u can

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:31 pm
Tutoring

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 5:39 pm
Adding working in a store or as customer service phone at night

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Feb 26 2023, 7:39 pm
Do you think you could speak to a local Rav about sending your dd to a local seminary half a day so she can work the other half, and go to Israel just for the summer?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:15 am
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! No I won't speak to my Rav about her doing a half a day, this is something that she really wants and I want to make it work for her. She works every Sunday in a store and babysits a lot so she will have spending money next year. I am working on getting all of the grants we are eligible for and trying to think of something to bring in a little more money, I'm happy to do it for my daughter if I can

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 12:27 am
In the same boat a you, I sell items on Ebay to raise funds for seminary I have been doing this for a really long time. I find it fun and I can do it on my own time not necessary every night and this way I also build up my own business.

During COVID I sold a lot more as I was selling craft products and everyone was home board now it's hit or miss but B"H I still make money doing it.

Lately I have been selling lots of 2nd hand - handbags they are selling very nicely.

Try to find one item that is hot and sell a bunch of them it's easier this way.

You can also sign up for FAFA and other government grants.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:05 am
amother Midnight wrote:
In the same boat a you, I sell items on Ebay to raise funds for seminary I have been doing this for a really long time. I find it fun and I can do it on my own time not necessary every night and this way I also build up my own business.

During COVID I sold a lot more as I was selling craft products and everyone was home board now it's hit or miss but B"H I still make money doing it.

Lately I have been selling lots of 2nd hand - handbags they are selling very nicely.

I'm working on signing up for the government grants but it's still a lot of money
Where do you find things to sell on ebay?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 1:24 am
Do you have any skill, interest, or hobby that you can monetize? For example:

If you are good at something in the kitchen, you can potentially sell it. I know someone who makes a lot of money selling peanut chew logs, and someone else who makes all kinds of pretty boards (candy boards, meat boards, etc).

If you are good at sewing, alterations and garment repair is a HUGE opportunity.

If you are good at numbers/computers, bookkeeping for small businesses can bring in a decent second income.

mikayla18

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 10:24 am
What do you do during the day? I'm not sure what skills/experience you have but I'm sure you can capitalize on them...there's plenty of call center jobs for 25 per hour but if you're looking to make more quicker, it's probably better to have a specific skill set to utilize

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 10:51 am
Can you bake?
Shabbat food?
Or offer to make color coordinated sweet tables for simchas. Things like dipped pretzel rods, dipped Oreos, rice crispy treats drizzled with coordinating colors, cake pops, colored popcorn.

Drop off babysitting in the evening.

Maybe learn to do simple tax returns?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 10:55 am
I don’t know if there’s a demand for this where you live, but I babysit special needs children overnight when their parents have another baby or go away for shabbos. I only take school aged children, but you can do anything that works for you. It pays about $1000 per week (~$150 per 24 hours) so you really only need to do one a month and you’re able to take breaks when needed.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:31 am
mikayla18 wrote:
What do you do during the day? I'm not sure what skills/experience you have but I'm sure you can capitalize on them...there's plenty of call center jobs for 25 per hour but if you're looking to make more quicker, it's probably better to have a specific skill set to utilize

Hi
Do you or anyone else know how to look for call center jobs?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Apr 30 2023, 2:44 am
amother Midnight wrote:

Would you be willing to share your average net income from selling on ebay? I've always wondered about this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics