Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Zimras Chaim Seminary
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:38 pm
This new seminary is opening in Israel for the next year. Much cheaper tuition.
Anyone's daughter applying?
Any idea what they want it to be like, in terms of girls, in/out of town, academics, yeshivishe level?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:44 pm
I'm applying for my daughter iyh. I spoke to Mrs Perlstein herself. It's definitely geared to high academic/yeshivish crowd. They wanted a big mix of a lot of out of Towner's. They didn't want it to be mostly Lakewood. She said along the lines of bjj/tehilas/chemdas type .. serious good girls... If u know what I mean

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 1:38 pm
Thanks.
They had an open house? Who's Mrs perlstein? I see the menaheles is Mrs twersky

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 6:22 pm
Really? My friends daughter is applying. That's what her principal recommended. Most definitely not a student.... She really struggled through high school. She was told it would be more chilled.... Just warm and fun. The more academic girls are being advised to apply to BJJ Hadar Tehilas....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 6:36 pm
Where do you, Ruby, and your friend, Linen, live - NYC/Lakewood/Monsey or somewhere out of town?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 6:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where do you, Ruby, and your friend, Linen, live - NYC/Lakewood/Monsey or somewhere out of town?

Lakewood

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.
They had an open house? Who's Mrs perlstein? I see the menaheles is Mrs twersky

Perlstein owns the school.
Rebbetzin Twersky (formerly of Hadar) is going to be the principal.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 11:20 pm
Thanks. If the menaheles is from Hadar, that sounds pretty yeshivishe.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 11:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. If the menaheles is from Hadar, that sounds pretty yeshivishe.

True, but she's hired.

(Honestly don't know anything about this seminary. I just know Mrs. Twersky (I went to Hadar!) and know she was hired for next year. (Can't imagine Hadar without her!!))

amother
Steel

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 11:35 pm
Wow, it’s a loss for hadar. Mrs. Twersky will be great!
I found her to have a sense of humor and be very relatable.
She is definitely a principal personality!

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 11:40 pm
I think it's mostly overlapping with Chemdas. Focus on wholesome frum rather than brains.

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 11:56 pm
The biggest thing I remember about Mrs. Twersky (it's been a while!) is her simcha - she Always had a smile on her face. And I'm told that even since her husband hy"d was niftar, she's been full of life and simcha.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 8:48 am
I also live in Lakewood. The girls in my daughter's school who are applying are definitely not low academic type of students. The advisor in her school is very spot on so I wonder why ppl heard it's gonna be a chilled type of place? My daughter goes to one of the big established hs in Lakewood and I've spoken to the advisor many times. She has years of experience doing this....

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:17 pm
Does anyone know where in Yerushalayim the seminary will be located?

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:22 pm
Don’t know where it’s going to be
Do know that there are 100 girls and 65 are firm Lakewood, with 35 from elsewhere (including Brooklyn !)
Seem like good girls

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 11:28 pm
The school doesn’t have a location for next year yet. It’s geared towards parents who can’t afford the $30,000 tuition and tuition there is only $15,000. It’s also geared towards good girls not crazy academic at all.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 1:43 am
amother Ruby wrote:
I also live in Lakewood. The girls in my daughter's school who are applying are definitely not low academic type of students. The advisor in her school is very spot on so I wonder why ppl heard it's gonna be a chilled type of place? My daughter goes to one of the big established hs in Lakewood and I've spoken to the advisor many times. She has years of experience doing this....

Got the same feedback here from my big established Lakewood HS.

However, about 25% of yeshivish Lakewood applied.....so we're talking quite a range applied!

For reference: from my daughters circle, the other schools the girls applied to with Zimras were BJJ, Tehilas, Chemdas, Hadar, Nishmas, Seminar, Migdal, Kerem

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 3:20 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Got the same feedback here from my big established Lakewood HS.

However, about 25% of yeshivish Lakewood applied.....so we're talking quite a range applied!

For reference: from my daughters circle, the other schools the girls applied to with Zimras were BJJ, Tehilas, Chemdas, Hadar, Nishmas, Seminar, Migdal, Kerem

I know they called the principal of my daughter's school to make sure she's academic. She isn't going in the end but definitely they want it to be academic and very Yeshivish.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:40 am
I heard they bought an old orphanage building in the Sorotzkin area…? Can anyone confirm this?

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:43 am
amother Dill wrote:
I heard they bought an old orphanage building in the Sorotzkin area…? Can anyone confirm this?

I think nishmas is the seminary that shares space with an orphanage.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info