Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Table seating chart

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:35 am
BH I will be making a simcha soon, this will be the first time I will be not be writing out placecards. I’m not sure how to organize the table seating chart. Any advice ? Or even photograph of a table seating chart displayed at a simcha ? 🙏

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:50 am
Lately I have been seeing large calligraphy signs saying “Chassan’s friends table 6” “Kallah’s family table 11”. Then there are a few tables of each number based on how many family members or friends are coming. I think it’s brilliant.

SG18

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:54 am
I just wouldn't do it. I didn't for my wedding (in NJ). It saved me so much time and energy, and everyone still managed to find a place. Every Israeli event I've been to in Israel and in the US hasn't had any kind of seating chart.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:58 am
OP here . I would like to do one of those big boards . Im trying to figure how to format it. Does anyone have any photographs of boards from a simcha ? Im fuzzy on the details for example do the adult siblings of the chassan kallah get a separate table than the second cousins and great aunts or are they all at “chassan family “ tables ?

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:59 am
mazelandbracha wrote:
Lately I have been seeing large calligraphy signs saying “Chassan’s friends table 6” “Kallah’s family table 11”. Then there are a few tables of each number based on how many family members or friends are coming. I think it’s brilliant.

This. Definitely do something like this vs nothing, even for a bar mitzvah- just so yhe family has its own tables and doesn't get confused and split everywhere. The friends will take everything else and be fine wherever. This is especially lovely when there's seperate seating and the husbands and wives know different people...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics