Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Kollel in Hollywood

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 6:02 am
Does anyone know about the Kollel in Hollywood?
What kind of community it is?
Asking for a relative of mine. . - they might have a shot at being accepted & want to know about the community. Is it more out of town ish? Small knit I’m assuming.

Would love to hear about to pass along info to them

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:13 am
Do you want to add state? I'd bet it's FL but remote chance it's CA.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 8:55 am
Hollywood Florida?

If yes, I have a friend who lives in the West Hollywood community if that’s the kollel you’re talking about. The kollel is extremely small, less than 5 full time from what I’ve heard but the community mamash supports them. But the Rav of the shul more or less expects all the men who daven there to learn at least one seder there a day. The community as a whole is probably around 40 families but they’re extremely warm and welcoming. Definitely out of townish. A mix of people from Florida and people who wanted to leave Lakewood.

Housing is a big issue though as you’re only real options are a tiny 2 bedroom apartment or waiting for a house rental to become available for a lot of money. And buying is nearly impossible because the whole community is in 1 development.

I can’t say anything about the schools because my friends kids aren’t school age yet and it’s a younger community overall.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 5:36 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Hollywood Florida?

If yes, I have a friend who lives in the West Hollywood community if that’s the kollel you’re talking about. The kollel is extremely small, less than 5 full time from what I’ve heard but the community mamash supports them. But the Rav of the shul more or less expects all the men who daven there to learn at least one seder there a day. The community as a whole is probably around 40 families but they’re extremely warm and welcoming. Definitely out of townish. A mix of people from Florida and people who wanted to leave Lakewood.

Housing is a big issue though as you’re only real options are a tiny 2 bedroom apartment or waiting for a house rental to become available for a lot of money. And buying is nearly impossible because the whole community is in 1 development.

I can’t say anything about the schools because my friends kids aren’t school age yet and it’s a younger community overall.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The housing situation sounds like it would be difficult. They have 2 small kids now. 2.5 & 5 months.
Wonder what the expectations of the rosh Kollel are for a young family to move & where they’d move into ?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 6:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The housing situation sounds like it would be difficult. They have 2 small kids now. 2.5 & 5 months.
Wonder what the expectations of the rosh Kollel are for a young family to move & where they’d move into ?

They’d probably be directed to the apartment building where most of the young couples are but they’re on the small side

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Feb 28 2023, 7:20 pm
amother Azure wrote:
They’d probably be directed to the apartment building where most of the young couples are but they’re on the small side

Firstly there are multiple kollels in Hollywood FL,

Secondly the West Hollywood one, has dedicated stand alone houses for their kollel members to choose from.

Thirdly as far as the world of apartments the ones the community members rent are not that small, they are 2 large bathrooms, 2 large bedrooms, a decent size kitchen and it’s own washer and dryer compared to any place but Lakewood, they are very reasonable

Lastly, if someone got into the kollel or considering going, all they have to do is ask, it’s not a mystery
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating