Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Digital Photo Frame

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 5:02 am
I just bought a digital frame as a gift for someone. I thought for some reason that it runs on batteries, but it doesn't seem to (rechargeable or regular). It has an plug you plug into the USB port on the computer, and it comes with an adapter so you can plug it into the wall. The frame has a circular hole with a stick inside, similar to my computer, that that plugs into.

That plug seems to have a weak connection and also get suspiciously hot. The frame also has a shape that looks like a hat, with a narrower top and wider bottom, that looks like the other side of a USB cable I have from an old phone. Can I use that to plug it in instead? Will mess it up if I try? (I once plugged in an electric keyboard using a computer adapter because it looked like the same shape, and blew the whole thing, so I'm nervous about these things.)

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 7:33 am
This is a question for Google.

Look up reviews of the exact make and model of digital frame.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 8:55 am
Well no, the question is can you plug in a digital frame from a different port. How would I google such a thing? I don't know what these plugs and ports are called enough for googling. So I thought if someone has a digital frame with a bunch of ports like this and knows a little more than me about electronics, they may know better. But maybe there's nobody like that here...

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 9:00 am
Did the picture frame not come with a manual? Just go online, google the make and model and the word manual. It will have the answers to these sorts of questions
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics