Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
S/O- Is it really so bad to “bribe” your kid’s teachers?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I don’t need to do that just because others are NOT in a position to give. That’s called not “fargining” others. I am allowed to give if I’m giving for the right reasons.

No when you do it for your kid to get special treatment you are doing something wrong and it’s not ok. It’s not about fargining it’s about you causing the teacher to act unfairly. If you really did it because you wanted to give them extra money to live you would happily give it anonymously. Just goes to show you do it so that your child is treated better and that’s horrible.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 3:31 pm
What in the world?

Granted I'm not a teacher but I DID spend 13+ years in the classroom as a student.

I don't remember any hard kids. And if they ARE a little harder, isn't that par for the course? Children are not meant to be little angels. I feel like something is wrong with this whole attitude if we feel we need to bribe teachers to tolerate our kids....

I WAS a counselor in the summer and the kids who were more challenging were likely from disadvantaged homes anyway, so far less likely that the parents had "bribe" money. And to tell you the truth, it's generally the parents who are hard, not the kid (the kid is hard just by extension). What is it you're bribing for exactly????? And when do you plan to stop? When you're child is 80? Are you going to bribe his spouse, his employer????

amother
Kiwi

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 4:34 pm
I’m not Gona stop what I’m doing to suit those who disagree with me. I have countless of notes from so many rebbeim who wrote that we literally covered their yt expense so I know that what I’m doing is a positive thing.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 12:18 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
I’m not Gona stop what I’m doing to suit those who disagree with me. I have countless of notes from so many rebbeim who wrote that we literally covered their yt expense so I know that what I’m doing is a positive thing.

It would be just as positive if you gave anonymously. And better from a tzedaka perspective as well.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics