Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What made you laugh while shopping?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 11:02 am
Waiting in a long line in the store a cutie baby was smiling away at me so I cldnt help but chuckle back

singleagain

Post Fri, Mar 03 2023, 11:10 am
In defense of all the different vegetables, there are some vegetables that go by multiple names
For instance, a hot house cucumber is also known as an English cucumber and a seedless

The times I filled in at the register and had to ask people what kind of tomato is this or what kind of cucumber is this? It can be a little bit frustrating because they are different prices and the customers like I don't know. It's just a tomato and I'm like well. Is it a plum tomato? Is it slicing tomato? Is it a beef steak tomato? Is it on the vine? Will actually on the vine I can recognize but as someone who doesn't eat tomatoes I don't necessarily know them and I don't work at the register off at or not. So

I guess I'm just saying. Please see what bin you're grabbing it from when you grab it.

By the way, it also doesn't help to tell me the price because the price is change every day and sometimes you can have Kirby's and super select cucumbers both for 99 cents

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 10:50 pm
One year I was shopping in the peasach store of a supermarket. Guy walks in and asks the non Jewish worker "Where do you have bread crumbs?" Worker says in the regular store, here we have only Passover stuff. The guy is adamant it must be in this store, they sent me here. The worker looks helpless till the Jewish manager walks in and the guy announces "Where do you have the breklach for bedikas chometz?" I couldn't help laughing out loud!

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:09 pm
mirib wrote:
When the men try figuring out what is a 9 x 13 and what is a cookie sheet.

I sent my husband to buy 9 x 13 pans. I knew he might bring home the wrong size. Surprisingly he brought home exactly what I asked for. I complimented him and he said it was easy to find. He said the store had a big sign by the pans “ 9 x 13 ⬇️ the size your wife asked you to buy “!

relaxation

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:14 pm
When ever I see ten pieces of bread wrapped in plastic for sale for bedimas chametz... Like come on I hope people are not that lazy..

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:17 pm
relaxation wrote:
When ever I see ten pieces of bread wrapped in plastic for sale for bedimas chametz... Like come on I hope people are not that lazy..

We’re a very unlazy family and we buy them for a few reasons! Don’t judge Tongue Out

mamaleh

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 11:23 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
I sent my husband to by 9 x 13 pans. I knew he might bring home the wrong size. Surprisingly he brought home exactly what I asked for. I complimented him and he said it was easy to find. He said the store had a big sign by the pans “ 9 x 13 ⬇️ the size your wife asked you to buy “!

Go Center of Town (that sign makes me laugh every time I see it!)

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:01 am
Ok I have to go back over 20 years for this.

When my son was 5 he was in a store waving a box of condoms in the air, asking a non j lady whats this

Is it for people who cant afford gloves

samantha1

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:20 am
Once I tried a dress on in a store , the zipper was broken and I couldn’t get the dress off. The worker had to cut the dress off of me 😂was rolling but also super embarrassing

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:32 am

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:43 am
A store that advertised "Slightly stained baby undershirts 10/$10"

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:39 am
Yiddish speakers will get this-
Grocery sale item:

Milgrome- @ 1.29 per piece!!!

NechaMom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:44 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
The non-jewish worker singing along to shwekeys vehee sheomdo while stocking the shelves one erev pesach.
He was very earnestly singing - Vehakodosh boruch hu matzilainu, matzilainu miyadam

This is a winner!

agreer

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 1:55 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Ok I have to go back over 20 years for this.

When my son was 5 he was in a store waving a box of condoms in the air, asking a non j lady whats this

Is it for people who cant afford gloves

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:09 am
A lovely, delicate white and pink baby romper, size 18m, with the price tag of 289$

I don't usually go into frum kids stores, but I was in a shopping plaza I'm not usually in and had some time to kill before an appointment.

I burst out laughing, hung back up the romper, responded to the saleswoman that no, thank you, I didn't need any help as the shop was clearly out of my price range, and left.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 3:06 am
relaxation wrote:

Huh?? What
Its for ppl whose houses are pesachdik!
This is one thing I think is clever!

No one wanta open bread in their house a day before pesach!!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 4:14 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
Huh?? What
Its for ppl whose houses are pesachdik!
This is one thing I think is clever!

No one wanta open bread in their house a day before pesach!!

I don't know if to laugh or to cry.
You know what people did in the past?
They prepared those ten pieces at home, well wrapped *before Pesach*
You can prepare them months in advance and store them in the freezer. You can even ask your bored kids to prepare them.
Any questions?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 4:17 am
amother Blush wrote:
We’re a very unlazy family and we buy them for a few reasons! Don’t judge Tongue Out

I would love to hear those reasons. In all honesty.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 4:34 am
relaxation wrote:

The salt water too.
Have seen it only on photos.
This is a pet peeve of mine.
Not to be able to prepare salt water (which a toddler can prepare) and ten pieces of bread from any kind of bread and wrap them in cling film is the total opposite of being industrious.

scintilla

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 4:45 am
amother Starflower wrote:
I sent my husband to by 9 x 13 pans. I knew he might bring home the wrong size. Surprisingly he brought home exactly what I asked for. I complimented him and he said it was easy to find. He said the store had a big sign by the pans “ 9 x 13 ⬇️ the size your wife asked you to buy “!

Amazing, my local store needs that! I was once trying to get some pans and the entire section was blocked by a young guy, looked newly married, on the phone with his wife trying to figure out which size pan she wanted. They were both sounding pretty frazzled. At one point he was trying to describe a pan to her by saying "it's the kind my mother uses, you know". I just grabbed whatever I could reach and made my gefilte fish in an 8x8 that week...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics