Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What made you laugh while shopping?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:26 am
amother Starflower wrote:
I sent my husband to by 9 x 13 pans. I knew he might bring home the wrong size. Surprisingly he brought home exactly what I asked for. I complimented him and he said it was easy to find. He said the store had a big sign by the pans “ 9 x 13 ⬇️ the size your wife asked you to buy “!

Great idea!
They should label all sizes clearly.
It’s so annoying every time I need to send dh to buy.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:32 am
Ok this one is on me. I was once absent-mindedly perusing the different roasts in the meat department of the grocery store and without looking at who was standing next to me, I asked if he knows which roast is better. He kind of shrugged I don't know and as I looked up to see his response I realized I had asked a very choshuve Rov! Omg I turned beet red what am I doing asking him about meats and what is he doing in the supermarket, I've never seen him there before.

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:34 am
And this one has happened to me too many times. Again im absent-minded in the grocery store and I start rocking the shopping cart out of habit and then I realize my baby isn't with me, he's home with DH. Awkward moment there.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:36 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I don't know if to laugh or to cry.
You know what people did in the past?
They prepared those ten pieces at home, well wrapped *before Pesach*
You can prepare them months in advance and store them in the freezer. You can even ask your bored kids to prepare them.
Any questions?

That was my job as a kid, and I loved it!

But as I am too disorganized to have it done in advance (I'm the one still frantically cleaning during Bedikas Chometz and cooking up to licht bentchen), and until my kids are old enough and responsible enough that I can assign it to one of them and not worry that it might not happen, I figure that buying it (they are cheap) is a good investment in my sanity.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:47 am
I was once looking for kosher salt (as in the specific type of salt that is called 'kosher salt'). All I could see on the shelf was flaky sea salt, table salt, etc. Asked a worker and they said "everything in this store is kosher so all the salt here is kosher". Did not understand that there are different types/consistencies of salt. Turned a bit into a Who's on First type of comical exchange. Ended up needing a manager to sort it out.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:54 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
You can prepare them months in advance and store them in the freezer. You can even ask your bored kids to prepare them.
Any questions?

Yes, course I know what people did it in the past!!

Not everyone is so organised erev pesach with a house full of kids and trying to keep everything pesachdik.

This, for me, isnt comparable to the salt water.

And about that, I dont laugh either.
There are countless families who literally do the bare minimum at home and dont really use their kitchen and outsource everything.

I know someone who lit covers her kitchen, eats out all the meals, except one seder and gets all the food bought in, ready cooked.
So obvs for these people every little thing they can buy ready made for the seder is a huge help.

Maybe she doesnt kasher her sinks .
There is so much judgement.

I admit the first time I saw the pic going round I also thought it was funny for a second, but hey you never know which peoppe can use it.

And obviously the people who are buying it dont advertise.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:23 am
amother Clematis wrote:
And this one has happened to me too many times. Again im absent-minded in the grocery store and I start rocking the shopping cart out of habit and then I realize my baby isn't with me, he's home with DH. Awkward moment there.

Doesn’t every mom do that at some point?
What about rocking someone else’s empty stroller in the park? Hiding

singleagain

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:38 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
Yiddish speakers will get this-
Grocery sale item:

Milgrome- @ 1.29 per piece!!!

Can someone translate for those of us who don't speak Yiddish?

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:38 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
The salt water too.
Have seen it only on photos.
This is a pet peeve of mine.
Not to be able to prepare salt water (which a toddler can prepare) and ten pieces of bread from any kind of bread and wrap them in cling film is the total opposite of being industrious.

My husband buys the wrapped bread to help me. I make Pesach every year and am always frantic with things that need to be done on the night of bedikas chometz- so he arranges that I don’t have to find bread or a non Pesachdik place to put it and he saves me a job. And I thank him because I appreciate it. I’m very far from lazy.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:04 am
This was laughing at myself and my needs. On the phone with my mother "yes, I have the pesachdik kitnyos in my cart"

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:13 am
NechaMom wrote:
This is a winner!

I have a million stories like this lol. The guys who work for me and my business partner are the type of non Jews who really know Jews and Jewish things , so hilarious stories like these happen all the time. One of my employees who is black actually introduced me to the song “a yid. By Benny Friedman.” 😂 he told me he has a new song that he loves and he thinks I would enjoy it too . 😅

amother
Bone

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:18 am
amother Babyblue wrote:
A man in the pharmacy taking pictures of different kinds of tampons and calling his wife for help. More sweet than funny.
that was my husband Hiding

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 7:49 am
amother Clematis wrote:
Ok this one is on me. I was once absent-mindedly perusing the different roasts in the meat department of the grocery store and without looking at who was standing next to me, I asked if he knows which roast is better. He kind of shrugged I don't know and as I looked up to see his response I realized I had asked a very choshuve Rov! Omg I turned beet red what am I doing asking him about meats and what is he doing in the supermarket, I've never seen him there before.

This isn't really an example of shopping, but it reminds me. I was once on a cruise ship, and all the wait staff wore nautical theme uniforms. Also, I'm very scatterbrained so don't pay very close attention to clothing details.

One morning I went to the buffet for coffee and couldn't find soy milk. Someone in uniform walked by, I was half awake, and said "Excuse me, is there any soy milk?"

The guy responded, "I don't know, I don't work in the dining area."

Flustered, and trying to be friendly to make up for it, I looked at him and asked, "oh, what do you do?"

He smiled. "I drive the ship."

Anon bc I've told this irl.

Tldr: That time I asked the captain of the ship if they had any soy milk. And yes, he was wearing the full captain uniform.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:00 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Any questions?

You should cry that you keep bullying anyone who is not like you.

amother
Dill

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:02 am
When I was a kid, we always used cheerios for bedikat chametz. They were much less likely to leave crumbs. Now, we use little pieces of bread wrapped in napkins,

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:16 am
singleagain wrote:
Can someone translate for those of us who don't speak Yiddish?

Milgrome is a yiddish word. It means pomegranate!
Obviously the guy who put on the sale item sign had no idea that pomegranate is the English version. He thought milgrome was an English word.

cbg

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:34 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I have a million stories like this lol. The guys who work for me and my business partner are the type of non Jews who really know Jews and Jewish things , so hilarious stories like these happen all the time. One of my employees who is black actually introduced me to the song “a yid. By Benny Friedman.” 😂 he told me he has a new song that he loves and he thinks I would enjoy it too . 😅

The security guard at our shul greets everyone with a Shabbat Shalom and tells them what the Parsha of the week is.
He listens to the Rabbi’s class that is broadcasted daily on itorah.com

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:36 am
amother Rainbow wrote:
Milgrome is a yiddish word. It means pomegranate!
Obviously the guy who put on the sale item sign had no idea that pomegranate is the English version. He thought milgrome was an English word.

A relative of mine is very thoughtful. She sent me a bag full of bottles of pomegranate juice for my father who is recovering from an illness. Apparenrly they produce "milgrom zaft" as a chessed in her town. She kept referring to is as milgrom. I don't know if she knows the English word. Truth is, the Yiddish is much more efficient.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:50 am
My husband called me from the market asking about the 2 spices on the list he was unfamiliar with, while he spoke to me a random woman shopper handed him the spices! Thank you random kind woman for your help!

amother
Clematis

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:12 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
My husband called me from the market asking about the 2 spices on the list he was unfamiliar with, while he spoke to me a random woman shopper handed him the spices! Thank you random kind woman for your help!

Ha I've been that woman before.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics