Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How to cook pastrami for shredding

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:19 am
Instructions say to cook in bag but I’m not comfortable with that. How else can I cook a pastrami kolichel so it gets soft?

sunshine23

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:29 am
Just take it out of the bag but don't rinse it and cover tight on low in oven for few hours

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:31 am
sunshine23 wrote:
Just take it out of the bag but don't rinse it and cover tight on low in oven for few hours

Should I use water??

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:31 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Instructions say to cook in bag but I’m not comfortable with that. How else can I cook a pastrami kolichel so it gets soft?

For corned beef, take it out of the plastic. Put it in a snug deep pan (for kolichel that might be a 5 lb loaf pan). Add water to just barely cover. Cover tightly and bake at 300 for 4 hours.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:34 am
ra_mom wrote:
For corned beef, take it out of the plastic. Put it in a snug deep pan (for kolichel that might be a 5 lb loaf pan). Add water to just barely cover. Cover tightly and bake at 300 for 4 hours.

Same for pastrami?

sunshine23

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:35 am
I would add 1 inch water to pan. Also when cooking put a pan of water underneath to help the oven be steamy and not shrink the meat

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:36 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Same for pastrami?

The water is different for pastrami.
For pastrami take it out of the plastic. Put it in a snug deep pan (for kolichel that might be a 5 lb loaf pan). Add just 1/3 inch of water to the pan. Cover tightly and bake at 300 for 4 hours.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 8:36 am
ra_mom wrote:
The water is different for pastrami.
For pastrami take it out of the plastic. Put it in a snug deep pan (for kolichel that might be a 5 lb loaf pan). Add just 1/3 inch of water to the pan. Cover tightly and bake at 300 for 4 hours.

Thank you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics