Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Can you give me a rough idea of what to expect please
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:23 am
Thank you all so much.
My husband is israeli chareidi, he doesnt really speak english and we live in America. He would want to send to regular mainstreamed israeli chareidi school systems. Would definitely need to speak to our rav there to find the best fit- I do want my children to be integrated in Israeli society but I also want them to learn English. Maybe Im looking for a unicorn?

Besides for RBS, might might be a good fit? My in laws live in Bnei Brak, I have a SIL in ramot, one BIL in Afula... really all over...DH learned in yerushalayim and wants me to look into neighborhoods there, but I dont know where to start and it seems expensive. I was looking into Ramot, givat shaul...

My husband is self employed. And yes I can work hybrid hours like 3-6 PM and then 9PM -12 AM

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you all so much.
My husband is israeli chareidi, he doesnt really speak english and we live in America. He would want to send to regular mainstreamed israeli chareidi school systems. Would definitely need to speak to our rav there to find the best fit- I do want my children to be integrated in Israeli society but I also want them to learn English. Maybe Im looking for a unicorn?

Besides for RBS, might might be a good fit? My in laws live in Bnei Brak, I have a SIL in ramot, one BIL in Afula... really all over...

My husband is self employed. and I dont have an option to work hybrid hours with my degree, its all online

What language do you speak to your kids in? My kids go to Hebrew only schools, but we only speak English at home, and their English is great.

Again, I'm not Charedi, but from what I've heard, Jerusalem is actually really bad for American Charedim (too clique-y), and when you go to places with smaller Charedi populations (a mostly secular city with a Charedi neighborhood), the Charedim are just happy to have another Charedi and are much more tolerant of differences. That's what I've heard 2nd hand.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:04 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
What language do you speak to your kids in? My kids go to Hebrew only schools, but we only speak English at home, and their English is great.

Again, I'm not Charedi, but from what I've heard, Jerusalem is actually really bad for American Charedim (too clique-y), and when you go to places with smaller Charedi populations (a mostly secular city with a Charedi neighborhood), the Charedim are just happy to have another Charedi and are much more tolerant of differences. That's what I've heard 2nd hand.

We only have one now, my husband speaks to DC only in hebrew. I also speak like 80% hebrew, 20% English. DD will answer in a mixture of the two.

Thats a nice point.
My husband has some friends from yeshiva who live in Neve yaakov and they like it there. Im all over the place and dont know how to arrow my search down!

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:07 am
RBS is very very Anglo. Like people live there without speaking a word of Hebrew. We were doing a similar search and if we were more chareidi I would have chosen Ramot. More affordable housing.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:13 am
Possibly certain neighborhoods of Raanana or Zichron Yaakov. But I'm literally just basing that off of places that are known to be Anglo that aren't RBS or Yerushalayim.

I've never been to Zichron. I go to Raanana frequently for work, and have never found it to be particularly Anglo. There are probably one or two Anglo neighborhoods and I just wasn't in them.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:28 am
I live in RBS and there are tons of Israelis here. It's a huge myth that it's all Anglo.
We are not chareidi but we have a lot of (American) chareidi neighbors. They all speak 100% English in the home and the kids all go to English chugim.
We go to a (DL) shul that's 50-50 Anglos and Israelis and everything in the shul is Hebrew.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:50 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Possibly certain neighborhoods of Raanana or Zichron Yaakov. But I'm literally just basing that off of places that are known to be Anglo that aren't RBS or Yerushalayim.

I've never been to Zichron. I go to Raanana frequently for work, and have never found it to be particularly Anglo. There are probably one or two Anglo neighborhoods and I just wasn't in them.

I have an aunt in Ranana, been there a few times for shabbos. I got the feel it was more DL?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 12:51 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
I live in RBS and there are tons of Israelis here. It's a huge myth that it's all Anglo.
We are not chareidi but we have a lot of (American) chareidi neighbors. They all speak 100% English in the home and the kids all go to English chugim.
We go to a (DL) shul that's 50-50 Anglos and Israelis and everything in the shul is Hebrew.

I think if we did move to e"y, my husband would continue to speak to our kids only in hebrew but Id speak to them in a mixture of the two. Id want to send to english and hebrew chugim.
Do you know which part of RBS might be a good fit for us to check out?

amother
Lightcoral

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
I think if we did move to e"y, my husband would continue to speak to our kids only in hebrew but Id speak to them in a mixture of the two. Id want to send to english and hebrew chugim.
Do you know which part of RBS might be a good fit for us to check out?

Maybe gimmel or daled?

amother
IndianRed

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Lightcoral wrote:
Maybe gimmel or daled?
Aleph and heh too. It's all pretty mixed. Depends on the street.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 3:08 pm
Don't want to hijack, but can I ask around how much would a 4 bedroom apt go for (what's minimum that would need to put down in us $ and how much approximately would it cost on a monthly basis with current mortgage rates) in an English speaking area ? Are there elementary and high schools for boys and girls that are for English speaking kids, approx costs and what would be process to apply if live outside of Israel ?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions