Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need quick answerMishloach manos packages from tzedaka orgs?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 9:17 pm
Is there any organization that sells nice MM where the proceeds go to tzedaka???

BatyaEsther

Post Sat, Mar 04 2023, 9:21 pm
Yachad Gifts

https://www.yachad.org/yachadgifts/

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:41 am
BatyaEsther wrote:
Yachad Gifts

https://www.yachad.org/yachadgifts/

Thanks but I’m looking for something I can get in the Lakewood area.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 9:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Is there any organization that sells nice MM where the proceeds go to tzedaka???

How is this possible? Not one tzedaka organization doing MM, yet tons of ads for elaborate, elegant, over the top expensive and fancy MM to buy—is this how materialistic it’s gotten? Instead of proceeds going to tzedaka, we’re willing to spend tons of money wasted on junk?

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:
How is this possible? Not one tzedaka organization doing MM, yet tons of ads for elaborate, elegant, over the top expensive and fancy MM to buy—is this how materialistic it’s gotten? Instead of proceeds going to tzedaka, we’re willing to spend tons of money wasted on junk?

Unfortunately MM is a money maker. I would caution you also that even if an ad says all “proceeds go to tzedaka” of very likely is not the case unless it’s the organization itself making it…

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:03 am
https://store.nexternal.com/pu......aspx
Don’t know if they are still taking orders. But they do send to lakewood via personal delivery with volunteers or ups shipping

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:05 am
amother OP wrote:

That’s what matanos levyonim and tzedakah are for. Yes mishloach manos are a business and just like there’s not a shoe store that gives profits to tzedakah or a car dealership that gives profits to tzedakah. Of course we only have to give one mishloach manos so we can’t give fifty then complain that it’s gotten out of hand. You can give one and give the rest to tzedakah .

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:18 am
In my area, people don't give such elaborate mm. Bh there are lots of neighbors so we rather make a lot of a simple mm.
The rebbeim, rav, teachers etc are a little nicer, but nothing crazy either because we give a check and they probably don't want so much mm to sort through.
Anyone I want to show hakaras hatov without a check, I buy a gift from a home store and maybe add a food item or bottle of wine.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I wouldn't have use for a tzedaka mm. If I wanted to give tzedaka, I could give cards in leu of mm. I'm sure many feel the same.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 10:27 am
The electorate shalach manos are mostly corporate. I say that as a small business who creates them. And what’s wrong with supporting small business’s and help them support their families?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:31 pm
amother Feverfew wrote:
That’s what matanos levyonim and tzedakah are for. Yes mishloach manos are a business and just like there’s not a shoe store that gives profits to tzedakah or a car dealership that gives profits to tzedakah. Of course we only have to give one mishloach manos so we can’t give fifty then complain that it’s gotten out of hand. You can give one and give the rest to tzedakah .

You’re comparing a mitzvah to a shoe store or car dealership?
I’m just asking if Lkwd doesn’t have the same type of service like Tomchei Shabbos does in Bklyn.
Nothing in Lkwd? What a shame.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 5:33 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
The electorate shalach manos are mostly corporate. I say that as a small business who creates them. And what’s wrong with supporting small business’s and help them support their families?

I support frum businesses all year long. I find it a total waste of money ti spend tons on junk food when there are organizations like Tomchei Shabbos who give full proceeds to tzedaka. Wadr I’d rather a place where 100% is donated, not just that I’m supporting frum people who are marking up the nosh

I find it hard to believe not one person in Lkwd thought to do this like they have in Bklyn,

mikayla18

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:02 pm
Project inspire does but that's more for outreach but it benefits project inspire...in lakewood I know someone who sells that could use the parnassah though if that's what you're looking for...

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
I support frum businesses all year long. I find it a total waste of money ti spend tons on junk food when there are organizations like Tomchei Shabbos who give full proceeds to tzedaka. Wadr I’d rather a place where 100% is donated, not just that I’m supporting frum people who are marking up the nosh

I find it hard to believe not one person in Lkwd thought to do this like they have in Bklyn,

I don't spend that kind of money on mishloach manos so I don't know for sure. But I'm pretty sure I've seen such mm advertised in past years. Check the BP weekly or the voice. I haven't looked at either of them for a while, but that's where you would find such advertisements.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:40 pm
Wandcogifts.com

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:50 pm
amother OP wrote:

As someone who volunteered fir the Tomchei purim baskets for many many years ( I moved recently, otherwise I would still be helping). I can tell you that it is not an easy project. The logistics of ordering products, food, figuring out prices, getting volunteers, delivering it takes alot of manpower, mental energy,physical energy
It is an amazing project and we all enjoyed it, but easy it isn’t .
And we did deliver in lakewood. They still did it this year but on a smaller scale.
Did you get through to anyone? Or were they not taking any more orders?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:50 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
I don't spend that kind of money on mishloach manos so I don't know for sure. But I'm pretty sure I've seen such mm advertised in past years. Check the BP weekly or the voice. I haven't looked at either of them for a while, but that's where you would find such advertisements.

I liked. Only saw ads for fancy mm for purchase, not for tezedaka.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 05 2023, 6:54 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Wandcogifts.com

What is that? It looks very strange, it just says ‘all proceeds to tzedakah.’ Why doesn’t it say to watch tzedaka? Never heard of it. Did expect people to believe that just because they say it without specifying what when and who it’s given to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries