Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bris at home- is it still done?
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 3:08 am
amother OP wrote:
Iyh expecting my fourth boy in a couple of months. In the past, the biggest stress for me was having to be somewhere out of the house, dressed and ready early in the morning. My youngest son was born towards the end of 2020, and due to Covid, and we made a Bris in front yard and had the meal in the house. It was so so so much more pleasant for me as the 1 week postpartum mom.

I would love to make a bris at home again this time but my husband isn’t sure if this is done, or if it’s a weird thing to do…
Anyone know someone who’s done this recently or have an opinion on it?

I did it at home way before Covid because I hated my shul.
You can do what you want. Who is going to rebuke you?

Rappel

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 3:41 am
No reason not to Smile enjoy!

twizzlers1

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 4:57 am
I did my last one at home. My parents were there and helped me and we made it super simple. It was during summer vacation and we really weren't expecting a lot of people. I loved having it at home and I took a cleaning lady after to help me clean up which was a heck of a lot less money than renting a hall.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 6:29 am
I wouldn't focus on what is "still done." Some sensible lessons were learned during limitations of the pandemic and you should do what will make your life easier. Having a bris in a shul or hall when you are 8 days post partum is not for everyone. We helped our dd make her son's bris in her apartment. It was just immediate family because her doctor advised her to keep the baby from exposure to others at that very young age. It was the perfect amount of celebration and I think she would only do it that way again, particularly since she had a c-section. We had platters delivered, which I set up with balloons and flowers. Used all disposables, which simplified clean up. She was so grateful that she only had to go from her room to the dining room and that we could hold the baby while she was dressing. It also made it easier for her to escape into the next room to nurse or change him. So much less stress for them and they created a Zoom link for others to listen to speeches about the names. Truly a beautiful occasion.

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 7:38 am
Yes I would go to the store if needed. Or have someone go and pick up 2-3 options. Im my community we dress nice for our sons Bris.
I would have my husband drive me and leave baby at home or with him in the car. Only go to 1 store that you know will have options.
I would buy a comfortable dress but can also take it in after loose weight.
That was what I was planning on doing for my birth but I had a girl 2 weeks ago Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics