Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Serving challa with pat of margarine on side

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:32 pm
I love the taste of a bit of margarine on challa like they used to serve rolls with margarine in ny restaurants. Wondering if it’s normal to serve tomorrow challa roll with small pat of margarine on side and how to plate.

devorah1231

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:41 pm
If you have challah rolls and can warm gently, maybe serve on a platter with margarine in a couple of small bowls. I would guess individual portions may not be used as not everyone likes.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 9:42 pm
I'd make a nice butter or margarine blend. Like miso butter, herbed butter, etc. Then wrap in parchment paper, roll like a candy, and refrigerate until firm. If you have mini metal or glass cups, that'd be perfect for the margarine.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 11:41 pm
You can place a mini plate of marg on each side of the table along with a butter knife. Or place some margarine on flat condiment spoons on/next to each plate.
You can also thinly sliced and place 2 pieces overlapping/leaning against each other on each plate.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 12:08 am
When I ate bread, I loved putting spices and garlic into extra virgin olive oil for dipping.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 6:36 am
amother OP wrote:
I love the taste of a bit of margarine on challa like they used to serve rolls with margarine in ny restaurants. Wondering if it’s normal to serve tomorrow challa roll with small pat of margarine on side and how to plate.

Depends which margarine you use.
In case you use the classic Israeli blue band margarine it's better you send it to the enemies of the Jewish nation and not to your acquaintances Smile

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 6:45 am
Chana Miriam S wrote:
When I ate bread, I loved putting spices and garlic into extra virgin olive oil for dipping.

Second this! Olive oil and salt is delicious. You can add zaatar or balsamic vinegar or any other spices.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 9:02 am
Margarine is out. Olive oil and spices are in! I would def do an olive oil, garlic blend.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:41 am
amother Plum wrote:
Margarine is out. Olive oil and spices are in! I would def do an olive oil, garlic blend.

Olive oil is trendier, but why shouldn't op eat what she likes?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Olive oil is trendier, but why shouldn't op eat what she likes?

trendier and healthier
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics