Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Shout out to my drunk husband

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:26 pm
This is a shout out to my husband who got drunk this Purim.

First he spent the better part of the day watching the kids, delivering mm around town for my parents, cleaning up after meal at my parents, taking our son to his rebbe and being a calming presence.

After Mincha we settled into our in-laws and my husband had a couple of drinks. He was so happy and uplifting. He was mesameach his elderly parents by dancing and telling some sweet corny jokes.

He got really emotional at some point and the normally shy man got up to say a heartwarming speech thanking his parents, wife ( Smile ) and siblings.

He opened his purse uncharacteristicly and handed out lots of tzedaka to those that came in.

After the zman he was a little wobbly and hoarse, yet made sure to get us all a ride home (I don’t drive). He helped just a little bit with bringing all the kids and bags in, and promptly landed in bed where he is slumbering deeply.

I appreciate the way he managed to make this Purim a happy experience for all of us.

I’m certain not everyone is lucky enough to have their husband behave this way. I’m not writing this to brag.

Just, this site gives so much flack to men that get drunk, I felt like I should share a positive experience.

(Now I’m running to hide from everyone that will hate on me for daring to be so positive.)

NechaMom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:27 pm
Beautiful post! It brought a smile to my face! I’m truly happy for you. No need to hide!

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:29 pm
Drinking on purim doesn't need to be ugly!!

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:35 pm
No one is talking about such a man when being upset about drunk husbands. If they all acted like this there would be no complaints.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:35 pm
Thanks so much for sharing!
This is just what I want my sons to be one day!

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 10:44 pm
Same here! My husband spends the morning/afternoon sharing in responsibilities of taking care of kids, driving them around and when we get to the seudah at about 5 he gives me the keys and then he'll drink.

ddmom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:05 pm
Nice post beside for the driving while "being a little wobbly". Confused
I'm sorry I couldn't stay quiet. What's done is done and bh you got home safely but next time, take a taxi!

bunchagirlies

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:08 pm
ddmom wrote:
Nice post beside for the driving while "being a little wobbly". Confused
I'm sorry I couldn't stay quiet. What's done is done and bh you got home safely but next time, take a taxi!

read it again. she wrote he "got them all a ride home". makes it obvious he didn't drive them.
A freilichen (post) Purim to all!

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:22 pm
Sweet!

Consider turning your post into a note of thanks to your husband. I'm sure he would really appreciate receiving such a note.

ddmom

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:37 pm
bunchagirlies wrote:
read it again. she wrote he "got them all a ride home". makes it obvious he didn't drive them.
A freilichen (post) Purim to all!

That makes more sense! Bh!
Sorry I misunderstood! Smile

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:38 pm
Thank you for this!

Just texted my drunk husband a thank you for being a real mentch. He did all the driving in the morning, enabled me to have a few quiet minute to daven mincha, and interacted so well with the kids during the seudos we went to.

Our Purim’s didn’t always look like this. Lots of hard conversations and communication got us to this point!

IyH to many more beautiful Purim’s!

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:54 pm
Beautiful post op.
I also misunderstood the thing about driving at first so I'm glad someone pointed it out so it could be corrected.
I was the one who wrote in another post thecotgrt day that I look forward all year to my husband getting drunk on Purim. Many men could do with a bit of loosening up and they do it on Purim.
This is what chazal intended when they spoke about the mitzva to be drunk.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 11:58 pm
Amazing

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:05 am
amother Phlox wrote:
Sweet!

Consider turning your post into a note of thanks to your husband. I'm sure he would really appreciate receiving such a note.

Yes please do!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 12:33 am
Yes! After many years we finally figured out our Purim. This year dh arranged a really fun party with his friends whose wives Im friends with and for the first time I had a party I felt comfortable at. And interestingly enough his drinking didn’t scare me like it did at other times. I guess because I felt safe. He was funny, he gave out thousands of dollars, and now he’s sleeping. TYH for getting me to this point.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 1:05 pm
Shout out to my adorable teenage sons that were taught how to drink responsibly and they are the sweetest shikkirim I have seen!

They are shy during the year but on purim they become so open and can't keep themselves from saying their opinions.

They do not vomit.
They aren't aggressive.
They stay responsible and coherent the entire time.
They pour brachos on everyone they meet.

Heart Heart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics