Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you eat Lubavitch shechita
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

egam

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:08 pm
amother Lime wrote:
The notion of praying at the graves of the righteous is well-established. The Talmud tells us that Caleb, one of the spies sent to inspect the Holy Land, separated from the rest of the group to visit the Cave of the Patriarchs (ma’arat ha’machpailah) in Hebron. He prostrated himself before the cave and said to them “My fathers, plead for mercy for me that I be saved from the evil designs of the spies” (Sotah 34b).

Elsewhere the Talmud mentions a custom to visit a cemetery during times of calamity, such as a drought. The reason, according to one opinion in the Talmud, is so that the dead will ask for mercy for us in Heaven (Ta’anit 16a).

It has likewise been a Jewish custom all throughout the ages to consider the graves of the righteous (kivrei tzaddikim) places of pilgrimage, and to visit there and recite Psalms and prayers. Hassidim even leave notes (kvitlach) by their Rebbe’s grave.

https://aish.com/prayer-at-gra.....eous/

Thank you!

Rappel

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:10 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Can you ask him if all Shechitas use from the same rib in regard to the gid hanashe?

The gid hanashe is in the leg...

Why would it matter which rib they decide to sell to non-Jews? It's still way out of range.

thepickled

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:11 pm
I’ll just leave this here.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/.....70194
There has historically been a lot of hate towards Chabad among other groups and I’m sad to see some of it lives on, along with a lot of ignorance.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:14 pm
amother Milk wrote:
But it does matter. It's about relying on someone's yiras hashem and following the same beliefs and in this case it's a problem for many communities.

I am agreeing with you. If you don't belong to chabad and ur rav holds different standards of kashrus for whatever reason, don't eat Chabad shechita/hechsher!
We also don't have to/shouldn't eat yours!
There are real differences in different kashrus problems that come up that each hashgacha holds differently.
If you take a comprehensive kashrus class you would understand that this isn't about politics and the different nuances between each hashgacha (I took such a class).

And this shouldn't be controversial or derail into a sinas Chinam thread.
You are SUPPOSED to follow your rav and your particular community standards!
End of story.

Can we please remove the posts about moshiach and chabad hashkafa? Moderators?
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics