Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lkwd salary for very exp MEDICAL biller
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:57 pm
I have over 12+ years experience in SNF HMO billing and am curious if I can ask for a raise. what's the ballpark salary for someone with my experience?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:12 pm
I would say somewhere between 70 to 80 at least. But check with others do you only do medical billing or do you do HMO, Medicaid, Medicare contracting and credentialing as well? If it's just medical billing then I would say 60 if it includes everything else at least 70 to 80.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
I would say somewhere between 70 to 80 at least. But check with others do you only do medical billing or do you do HMO, Medicaid, Medicare contracting and credentialing as well? If it's just medical billing then I would say 60 if it includes everything else at least 70 to 80.

I do HMO billing. can I ask for 70-80 for 9-3?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:07 am
bump

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:21 am
amother OP wrote:
I do HMO billing. can I ask for 70-80 for 9-3?

Does it matter in Lakewood that it's not full time?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:23 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
Does it matter in Lakewood that it's not full time?

don't know but I have a full time workload. (that's what my supervisor told me)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:18 am
bump

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:22 am
Don't know. DD does different types (medicare, HMO billing, different types of systems she's trained on) and works full time (9-5) and earns in the 70-80 range. A few less years than you, but not sure up to what point number of years makes a difference. At some point, a person isn't more valuable for doing the same thing for more years. It's about the diversified skills and the value you bring to the company.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 1:18 pm
I'm a recruiter with medical billing jobs in Lakewood. Email me at applyjobofferonline@gmail.com if I can help you get interviews.

We are connected with all the billing companies

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 1:29 pm
I think it really depends how desperate your office is. I don’t live in Lakewood but I was able to ask for a big raise recently and even though they gave me a hard time with what I was asking for, they eventually caved since they couldn’t afford to lose me. Hope you’re in a similar situation and if yes ask for 80k.

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 1:31 pm
amother Brown wrote:
I think it really depends how desperate your office is. I don’t live in Lakewood but I was able to ask for a big raise recently and even though they gave me a hard time with what I was asking for, they eventually caved since they couldn’t afford to lose me. Hope you’re in a similar situation and if yes ask for 80k.

And how much they value your skillset. My daughter's friend was told she can leave - and she did, she felt unappreciated and had another offer in the wings. But my daughter was given a raise she asked for last year, and then another at the time of her review (that she didn't ask for).

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 2:37 pm
And I’m making 80k as a supervisor in this field. 9-3. You’re telling me that I should potentially be making a salary of 120k if the regular employees are making 80k???

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 2:44 pm
amother Tomato wrote:
And I’m making 80k as a supervisor in this field. 9-3. You’re telling me that I should potentially be making a salary of 120k if the regular employees are making 80k???

My daughter is also a supervisor, but works full time.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 3:35 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
And how much they value your skillset. My daughter's friend was told she can leave - and she did, she felt unappreciated and had another offer in the wings. But my daughter was given a raise she asked for last year, and then another at the time of her review (that she didn't ask for).

If they're that desperate they wont tell anyone to leave- I am in management now and where I live, medical billing and even payables is desperate and cant afford to lose anyone with experience, even if they're not that great. This could change at any time but this is the situation in my office/city right now. I am lucky I realized this and asked for the raise when I did, I dont think I would have gotten it now if there was interest or people for hire.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 1:42 pm
bump

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Brown wrote:
If they're that desperate they wont tell anyone to leave- I am in management now and where I live, medical billing and even payables is desperate and cant afford to lose anyone with experience, even if they're not that great. This could change at any time but this is the situation in my office/city right now. I am lucky I realized this and asked for the raise when I did, I dont think I would have gotten it now if there was interest or people for hire.

I asked DD and she said about 80K if really experienced and good. And if they don't have to train you. She has no time to train anyone, but yes, desperately needed are people who can get themselves off the ground. She has interviewed and rejected those who claim they know but doesn't pan out....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
I asked DD and she said about 80K if really experienced and good. And if they don't have to train you. She has no time to train anyone, but yes, desperately needed are people who can get themselves off the ground. She has interviewed and rejected those who claim they know but doesn't pan out....

thanks so much. that was super helpful. I know billing very well and would need zero training. hopefully my current company will appreciate that. I asked for 80k and waiting for their response

jflower

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 1:55 pm
OP, I wish you hatzlocha and hope you get what you asked for. Please keep us posted.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 5:06 pm
Just wondering, if you're working 9-3 you probably work around 26 hours a week.
at $80k, that's $60/hr

I am a PA in Lakewood with almost 10 years' experience. I make $70/hr. (no benefits, no PTO)

Just wondering if that makes sense, and what's the point in my degree if someone makes similar without one...

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 5:08 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Just wondering, if you're working 9-3 you probably work around 26 hours a week.
at $80k, that's $60/hr

I am a PA in Lakewood with almost 10 years' experience. I make $70/hr. (no benefits, no PTO)

Just wondering if that makes sense, and what's the point in my degree if someone makes similar without one...

The Lakewood job market is like no other. People don’t need degrees to earn 60-80k at office jobs.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics