Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Did you see interesting purim costumes. Any favorites?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:10 pm
I love in Israel, and noticed that this year there didn't seem to be one super dominant costume.

About 5 years ago, it was unicorns. Then 3ish years ago it changed to Bambi/deer. This year it would be hard to pin down what was the most popular costume.

egam

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:18 pm
NechaMom wrote:
And I don’t want to think what their mm actually consisted of! Hiding

I saw poop emoji lollipops in stores, which I found very off putting. Also Llama doo candy dispenser, where candy is coming out of you can guess what.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:20 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
Today was the day after Purim in Hertzliya, so few people were dressed up and I had my guard down (I'm don't live in Hertzliya, just visiting).

I saw a teenager in a Starbucks apron and got really excited for about 10 seconds, thinking Hertzliya must have opened a new Starbucks. Then I realized I'd been Purim'd 😂

Why would someone wear their Purim costume if it's not Purim there?

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:36 pm
My cousin had a shirt that said "nothing can scare me I have a wife and 2 daughters"

DreamerForever

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:06 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
Along those lines I saw a couple wearing football shirts (jerseys? Don't know the word), father's said "tired" and the mother's said "more tired"! I didn't see the baby's costume.

The most creative I saw was a family of snowglobes with each person a different place. Looked handmade and amazing. Their poem was this, personal details removed: (no it's not mine lol I just saw it on a local group)

Trotting the globe
with our family
The Eiffel Tower, Big Ben,
770 and Lady Liberty
*Me’Arbah Kanfos Ha’Aretz*
the greatest *Hakhel* will be
In Yerushalayim
with Moshiach speedily!

A Freilichen Purim!
♡ *The ____ Snow Globes*

Edit: here's a link to some of them from a public website https://collive.com/wp-content.....8.jpg

Edit 2: I just saw that they're on Instagram on the onlysimchas costume contest. For whoever wants to see the whole family https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp.....2M2Y=

These snowglobe costumes are so insanely beautiful! Wish I could have seen this IRL.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:58 pm
Mayflower wrote:
My unpopular opinion : these elaborate themes can be very original and I admire the time and effort put into them, but I really think most kids would prefer dressing up as something less original. What (young) kid wants to be a poop emoji? Or a battery ? Starbucks barista? I can't imagine one of my kids picking such an outfit. Let them be pirates, cops, princesses, ...

(and I'm not against themes - we do themes most years except when the kids cant agree on what theme they want)

I agree, I had a theme idea but my kids had other costumes they all wanted to be, and I didn’t want to force them to be a theme just for a good picture on social media.

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:41 pm
I saw a little girl (probably around 4-5 years old) dressed like a kallah and her big sisters (teens) wearing sister of bride sweaters.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Mistyrose wrote:
Why would someone wear their Purim costume if it's not Purim there?

Many kids dressed up today & finished their shalach manos rounds.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics