Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Israeli Bamba recall, notice says to check expiration date?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 06 2023, 10:10 pm
The Osem food manufacturer on Thursday announced the recall of some packages of the popular Bamba peanut-flavored snack, warning they may contain a “foreign body.”

A statement from Osem that it released through the Health Ministry said the suspect substance is part of the packaging and was the result of a “localized malfunction.”

The recall applies to four-packs of 60-gram bags of Bamba, which have the barcode number 7290001302279 and have an expiration date of March 5, 2023.

Osem said it was working to pull the recalled packs from store shelves.

“Quality and safety are at the top of Osem’s priorities. We apologize for the mishap and will continue to work to ensure the quality of its products,” the statement said.

https://www.boropark24.com/new.....-bags

The Bamba I bought this week in Bingo in Boro Park has a date of 01/04/2023 which I hope is a manufacture date, not expiration date. There is no other date. How do I know of mine are safe? Bar Code number of mine is slightly different, but still.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 12:59 am
bump

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 1:52 am
amother OP wrote:

The recall applies to four-packs of 60-gram bags of Bamba, which have the barcode number 7290001302279 and have an expiration date of March 5, 2023.

March 5th was two days ago. I would be very surprised if any bags with thus wxpiration date were still in the shops. A few people may still have bags at home, but bamba has a long expiration date, and I wouldn't expect there to be many still around.

If there was a manufacture issue, I would have expected it to be discovered well before this. I wonder if 5th March was actually the manufacture date, not the expiry date? If not, something would seem slightly off.

Quote:

The Bamba I bought this week in Bingo in Boro Park has a date of 01/04/2023 which I hope is a manufacture date, not expiration date. There is no other date. How do I know of mine are safe? Bar Code number of mine is slightly different, but still.

Assuming it was manufactured in Israel, the date would be written date/month/year, not the opposite way round as us done in America. 1/4/23 would be 1st April, in about three weeks. Assuming they were not manufactured sometime in the future and then transported here via time travel, it can only be an expiry date!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:49 am
Elfrida, in the same vein, OP is likely reading 3/5 as March 5 when it means May 3

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 3:30 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Elfrida, in the same vein, OP is likely reading 3/5 as March 5 when it means May 3

The bag bought this week has the date 01/04/2023.

If its an expiration date, whether its January 4, 2023 OR April 1, 2023, its bad for a bag bought this week.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 4:26 pm
It's still good for at least another three weeks, and probably good with maybe a minor decline in quality for another few months. If you don't want to eat it, you don't have to, but it's not the date on the recalled items you were initially concerned about.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:10 pm
Id love to know if this date is date of production or expiration. Bag doesnt say which.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 8:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
The bag bought this week has the date 01/04/2023.

If its an expiration date, whether its January 4, 2023 OR April 1, 2023, its bad for a bag bought this week.

Why do you think it's so cheap?

I don't know specifically about bingo, but there is another grocery in BP that is known to sell items severely discounted close or.past their expiration date...

Tj Maxx Marshall's also has lots of discounted food products a few weeks to expiration date.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries