Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Someone please make plus size kids clothing
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:29 pm
Plus sized little girls clothing!

I can’t be the only one that can’t find any shabbos clothes for my adorable obese DD6!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:38 pm
In the same boat, dd is not very obese but chubby. If you look for long enough and you are ready to spend, you'll find. There are plenty of high waisted flairy dresses in the Jewish stores. You may have to spend $100, and you will have to iron it, but at least she will look beautiful and all her body parts will be concealed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:43 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
In the same boat, dd is not very obese but chubby. If you look for long enough and you are ready to spend, you'll find. There are plenty of high waisted flairy dresses in the Jewish stores. You may have to spend $100, and you will have to iron it, but at least she will look beautiful and all her body parts will be concealed.

High waisted doesn’t work for her, she needs no waist, no seams at all on the body. I found one Aline dress for $110. But she needs more. And will need a black skirt for end of the year performance, I’m going to have to buy a teen size and cut off like three feet of material from the hem Crying

There are so many chubby girls! Why no clothes that work?

amother
Birch

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:48 pm
Junee had a lot of stuff that look like they can work.
My DD not skinny at all and some were swimming on her...

tweety1

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
Plus sized little girls clothing!

I can’t be the only one that can’t find any shabbos clothes for my adorable obese DD6!

My sibling has the same issue. She buys teens clothing and mends it herself.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:52 pm
I hear next is a good place to find

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:52 pm
Lulu has many clothing that work well for larger girls. Their clothing in general is on the wider side.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
High waisted doesn’t work for her, she needs no waist, no seams at all on the body. I found one Aline dress for $110. But she needs more. And will need a black skirt for end of the year performance, I’m going to have to buy a teen size and cut off like three feet of material from the hem Crying

Wow, that's tough. The answer is that it's not a moneymaking industry as most children are not obese, they just wont sell enough clothes.

Maybe you should find a good seamstress and sew up some dresses and a skirt, no kidding. at least you wont have to search and search, you have your place and get it done.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Wow, that's tough. The answer is that it's not a moneymaking industry as most children are not obese, they just wont sell enough clothes.

Maybe you should find a good seamstress and sew up some dresses and a skirt, no kidding. at least you wont have to search and search, you have your place and get it done.

Or take a sewing course. Skirts are pretty easy to sew up many high schools have the girls sew their own skirts for graduation.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:

I'm desperately looking for an aline dress for my 10 year old. Can you share where you bought?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:14 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I'm desperately looking for an aline dress for my 10 year old. Can you share where you bought?

This dress. Didn’t pick it up yet, but hoping it works.
https://juvenileplanet.com/clo......html

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:16 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Or take a sewing course. Skirts are pretty easy to sew up many high schools have the girls sew their own skirts for graduation.

That’s actually a good idea. It’s so not my type but maybe I’ll try. I guess if I can fix clothes myself it won’t be so stressful to find stuff. And there’s many years and seasons of shopping ahead Crying

rivka schwartz

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:38 pm
Hi I actually know someone who is opening a plus size clothing company in Monsey with reasonable prices. I think she plans on being open before pesach.... as soon as I get info I will post IYH

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:40 pm
In same boat.
I found some on next and AliPicks but it’s not easy.
My DD likes wearing her skirts under her stomach, she hates anything waisted or seams.
I’m willing to spend but so far I have not found much.

https://www.next.us/en/g754423.....99581

You can also check little rags and riches. I got a dress from there, the price was way more than what I would have spent but I had no choice.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:43 pm
I bought my 7 year old the biggest size xl size 14-16 Purim costume and cut a ton and it still wasn’t perfect, it cli have had more room but she really wanted the costume.

And she is overweight- not obese. She’s 4”3 inches and about 75-77 lbs. she usually wears around size 12

giftedmom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
That’s actually a good idea. It’s so not my type but maybe I’ll try. I guess if I can fix clothes myself it won’t be so stressful to find stuff. And there’s many years and seasons of shopping ahead Crying

It’ll get easier to find stuff when she’s older. This is I think the hardest part. In 3 years or so you can probably start shopping at dept stores that have more plus size options and dresses and skirts tend to be shorter.

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:46 pm
I am actually starting a line we are opening in three weeks I don’t know where you’re located we are in Monsey our company is called Puzzle Childrens wear

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 10:55 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....image

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:18 pm
https://www.junees.com/collect.....dress

They have lots more, jumpers etc. search tiered dresses online, next usually has too. Tiered is great!
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics