Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
The Secret to Buying Shoes in Brooklyn

working hard

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 9:32 pm
Please help me out with the best place/way to buy shoes for my kids. Anyone know how I can find out about any sales or which stores are at least semi-affordable. I cannot afford to spend over $1000 on shoes! (or even $500 but that is besides the point) and I was just looking at basic shoes, nothing fancy!

My kids are ages 0-11, boys and girls.

Any ideas?

happyone

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:17 pm
The secret to buying shoes in Brooklyn, is NOT to buy there. Stores are overpriced. Very few know how to fit properly. Lines are insane. Invest in a shoe sizing tool on Amazon and purchase shows online. Purchase more than one pair with returnable options for sizing and quality.

gande

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:26 pm
There are so many cheap companies with beautiful shoes for $50-60 in Boro Park. In middle of the week the stores are not full but check the hours. There’s Cheeta 46&13 Perreque 45& 14 Raybelle 44&14 and fintoes on Sunday or online.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:26 pm
Does the 14th avenue shoe store still have that great sale section? Been a while since I was there but I may need to go back, I'm not having any luck locally and sometimes the Jewish stores just fit that much better (and sometimes they don't. I have a lot of ups and downs in the shoe department.)

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:28 pm
gande wrote:
There are so many cheap companies with beautiful shoes for $50-60 in Boro Park. In middle of the week the stores are not full but check the hours. There’s Cheeta 46&13 Perreque 45& 14 Raybelle 44&14 and fintoes on Sunday or online.

It's a wonderful idea but I haven't found any of those that I've tried to fit the same as the more expensive brands. I think the ones we tried were Cheeta and Perroquet. We did not have any luck there.

gande

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:31 pm
seeker wrote:
Does the 14th avenue shoe store still have that great sale section? Been a while since I was there but I may need to go back, I'm not having any luck locally and sometimes the Jewish stores just fit that much better (and sometimes they don't. I have a lot of ups and downs in the shoe department.)

If you are looking for narrow shabbos shoes for preteen (if I remember your past dillemas correctly) I was so thrilled that the ballet flats from Cheeta (they have a website) looked so nice on my daughter. The bow even doubled as a rubber to tighten it around the foot.

BH5

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 11:36 pm
La elegante on 13th ave has shoes from other years at discounted prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains