Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Seminary registration first come first serve
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 3:07 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
is this mesoras rochel?

Off topic but the year I was in seminary, mesores rochel over-accepted and ended up having an overflow of girls
They rotated them in and out of an apartment nearby all year (this was in their previous Geula building)

BaltoMom65

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 3:08 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Because if you don’t send in the money every person who is trying to get into another seminary will say yes my daughter is coming and then when she gets into a different seminary you will say sorry she isn’t coming.

Without a deposit then your slot is not confirmed.
It definitely makes sense but, wow, it's expensive

MindOverMatter

Post Mon, Feb 27 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
My daughter got into BYA and one other and wait listed for another

They want our paperwprk back by 2/28 by 12pm or they give away her spot. We mailed it out on Friday from BK hoping it gets to Lakewood ion time Surprised

I'm so sorry if this msg posted twice, my computer is doing funny things.
I'm curious if she chose BYA?
My daughter is going as well, IM"H.
Feel free to PM me!

MindOverMatter

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:16 am
I'm curious how things went for everyone on the thread

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 04 2024, 11:56 pm
Reviving this old thread -
Apparently this is still a 'thing' this year. I heard of a seminary that over accepted and required an answer immediately that same day in order to secure a spot. So even girls who got accepted suddenly found themselves without a seminary if they were not able to send in right away. This is criminal!! People have lives!! The seminary acceptance letters usually say that you have three or four days to give an answer. That's how it was when my older girls went to seminary. I thought there was a seminary vaad this year that is supposed to take care of things like this. It's literally not yashrusdik for a seminary to accept 50 girls more than they can fit and then deny people a slot just because they didn't immediately respond and give a deposit the same day their child was accepted!
And no, I'm not talking about my own child. Thank God she got accepted to a 'normal' seminary that actually gave us a genuine and honest few days for her to decide. Happens to be I sent in her deposit that day but not because I would have lost her slot otherwise. Something has to change. Can't Believe It

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 05 2024, 12:22 am
amother Rose wrote:
Reviving this old thread -
Apparently this is still a 'thing' this year. I heard of a seminary that over accepted and required an answer immediately that same day in order to secure a spot. So even girls who got accepted suddenly found themselves without a seminary if they were not able to send in right away. This is criminal!! People have lives!! The seminary acceptance letters usually say that you have three or four days to give an answer. That's how it was when my older girls went to seminary. I thought there was a seminary vaad this year that is supposed to take care of things like this. It's literally not yashrusdik for a seminary to accept 50 girls more than they can fit and then deny people a slot just because they didn't immediately respond and give a deposit the same day their child was accepted!
And no, I'm not talking about my own child. Thank God she got accepted to a 'normal' seminary that actually gave us a genuine and honest few days for her to decide. Happens to be I sent in her deposit that day but not because I would have lost her slot otherwise. Something has to change. Can't Believe It

This is totally nuts.
It's selfish of them. It's because they don't want to have to deal with a second round. They want to do one acceptance day and that's it. If they accept exact amount of spots they have, they'll have to deal with the empty spaces when some kids decline. It's really not fair though. Like just do what all seminaries do and don't try to get around.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info