Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hopscotch shoes
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:34 pm
They advertised a location in BP, and all shoes are $39. I'd love to hear more info about them.
Is it their own brand?
Are the shoes leather?
Is it current season?
Do they have shoes for teens too?
Everyday and Shabbos?
Are they in style?
Are they good quality?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:42 pm
Can u post details?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:47 pm

amother
Cappuccino

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:48 pm
Supposedly their shoes are leather, but I have no way of verifying. We did very well by them. Good quality shoes that last the season plus. Styles are current but not necessarily the hottest trend. Good enough for kids, not as much for teens.

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:58 pm
I am happy with the two pairs I bought in the beginning of the winter.
Ad isn’t clear when are they in Boro park?

athomemom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:00 pm
Shoes are typically a 100% markup. They are trying to make shoes more affordable. Its leather. I have had great experience with their shoes. They usually do have trendy cute and stylish shoes

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:37 pm
They’re in monsey for years. Great quality shoes, their own company

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 8:59 pm
I had an excellent experience with their shoes. As amother posted, they are trying to make shoes more affordable. The quality is great, they're just not making the profit the other stores make...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 9:24 pm
Such a pity. I ordered online bec the other 55/65 brands didn't work for DC...

Ok maybe I'll get shabbos shoes there.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 10:43 am
My DD got smelly sweaty rashes on her foot the season I brought from them. ( I don't trust its leather anymore) I heard from others that had the same issue.
Shoes look like the typical venittini and luccini shoes. But, quality is not great. I was busy gluing shoes together at one point mid season. Never have this with good brands like Atlanta loafers for example.
I also have an issue that there is not so much variety to choose from as I'm not a typical gal. I love different!

But if all this doesn't bother you than go for it.

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 10:46 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
My DD got smelly sweaty rashes on her foot the season I brought from them. ( I don't trust its leather anymore) I heard from others that had the same issue.
Shoes look like the typical venittini and luccini shoes. But, quality is not great. I was busy gluing shoes together at one point mid season. Never have this with good brands like Atlanta loafers for example.
I also have an issue that there is not so much variety to choose from as I'm not a typical gal. I love different!

I had atlantas fall apart completely and never had that with any other shoe. Funny you mention that brand because I know a bunch of people that had serious issues with atlantas. Now I get cheaper brands and figure if it falls apart at least I only spent half.

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 10:50 am
amother Purple wrote:
I had atlantas fall apart completely and never had that with any other shoe. Funny you mention that brand because I know a bunch of people that had serious issues with atlantas. Now I get cheaper brands and figure if it falls apart at least I only spent half.

That's strange. My kids have been wearing Atlanta's for years now, and it's the only brand shoes that never tore and looked perfect after a season of wear. I have some toddler sized loafers put away, they're in such good condition. My girls are wearing Atlanta loafers every day since September and they still look as good as new. Never had this with any other brand.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 11:00 am
As a mother of a bunch of kids, I've had experience with both the expensive and cheaper brands. They can equally last or fall apart. Some seasons the shoes hold up better than others...

Regarding the Hopscotch shoes, most shoes hold up great. From the 12 pairs I buy per season, at least 10 hold up throughout.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 11:37 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:

and our atlanta loafers shredded....I bought them red gorgeous loafers for the spring and within a month they looked old and gross...

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:20 pm
amother Crimson wrote:
and our atlanta loafers shredded....I bought them red gorgeous loafers for the spring and within a month they looked old and gross...

Cld be if they have flat feet- those tend to ruin shoes much faster if there’s not proper support. One of my kids can’t wear any loafers only laces or velcro another kid wears Atlanta and they last all year. I know ppl who wear loafers with flat feet and they get ruined in under 2 weeks

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 5:41 pm
For the Monsey Hopscotch appt line says there are no more appointments available. Does anyone know if they open up more dates between now and Pesach - or if they have any open/no appt sales?

Thanks!

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 5:45 pm
Anyone go to bp location? How was it?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:15 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
Anyone go to bp location? How was it?

Overwhelming! I thought the appointments were to limit the number of people, but there were definitely way too many people. It took me almost an hour and a half.
But there was a nice selection, and decent styles.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 20 2023, 9:22 pm
re Monsey appointments...when I called last week there were no more appointments but today when I called I was able to book for later this week so if anyone tried to make appt maybe try calling again as things open. Hatzlocha

mommy1000

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 5:33 pm
Did anyone sign up for hopscotch in boro park? No location was stated so I have an appt but no idea where. Anyone ? Can't Believe It TMI
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics