Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Ground nuts in cookies

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 6:36 pm
I by mistake bought ground walnuts instead of ground almonds and I don’t know if the store will let me exchange it. Will it effect the taste of the cookies if I use walnuts instead of almonds?

shanie5

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:16 pm
I don't know if it will affect the taste, but it will probably affect the texture. I learned thru experimentation that almonds work better thn walnuts in my pesach cookies.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:17 pm
They end up bitter if you only use walnuts.

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:18 pm
Walnuts are bitter.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 7:19 pm
Oh well. I hope the store takes it back thanks

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 6:42 am
Actually ground walnuts are used in Linzer cookies and cakes. They might also be used in some other recipes but I just recently dealt with almonds versus walnuts for Linzer cookies.

I hadn't realized this until last week because my friend needed to borrow my cookie cutters and we discussed recipes. She uses walnuts and prefers the result to almonds.

Walnuts aren't bitter - they are a bit more assertive in taste than almonds but the end result is very good in the right recipe. Some people prefer them.

tree of life

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 6:45 am
amother OP wrote:
I by mistake bought ground walnuts instead of ground almonds and I don’t know if the store will let me exchange it. Will it effect the taste of the cookies if I use walnuts instead of almonds?

I actually use both as ground almonds are more expensive then walnuts so I mix taste yummy the colour is darker that's only difference

amother
Burntblack

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 6:47 am
I prefer walnuts- they are moister
You could mix the two

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 8:13 am
Thanks everyone! Bh despite the store having many signs up saying no returns or exchanges they took it back this morning. Thank you Hashem

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Mar 17 2023, 1:52 pm
I interchange filberts, almonds, and walnuts in all my cake recipes that call for ground nuts. No one can tell.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics