Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais medresh: Passaic Yeshiva vs. Kannerick’s in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 7:08 am
Could someone please compare the two? Anyone have boys at either? What type of boys go? In town? OOT? Cool? Fancy? Peer pressure? Serious learners? Smoking? Drinking? Will any go on to college? Thanx

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 8:37 am
amother OP wrote:
Could someone please compare the two? Anyone have boys at either? What type of boys go? In town? OOT? Cool? Fancy? Peer pressure? Serious learners? Smoking? Drinking? Will any go on to college? Thanx

I don’t know very well but from the boys I’ve seen from both yeshivas they seem yeshivish. Not cool. None or almost none will go to college. Different style of learning in each place. Smoking is in every yeshiva whether we’d like to believe it or not…

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 10:07 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
I don’t know very well but from the boys I’ve seen from both yeshivas they seem yeshivish. Not cool. None or almost none will go to college. Different style of learning in each place. Smoking is in every yeshiva whether we’d like to believe it or not…

Agree with this all except that smoking is probably less in Passaic than other places as Rav Meir Stern (the Rosh yeshiva) is very very very anti it and doesn’t tolerate it and it’s just not the culture (he also does not allow members of his kollel to accept government money, ie be on programs, but I digress)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 4:15 pm
Thanx, anyone else?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:48 pm
Bump

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:19 pm
Passaic yeshiva is very serious learners, and there’s a lot of peer pressure to learn bein hesedarim and take on more chumrahs, that type of thing. some boys do very well with that, some may think it’s too intense.

Also, though R’Meir Stern is very against smoking, boys still smoke there. It’s just a fact, there are boys who smoke in every yeshiva.

Don’t know anything about Kannericks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics