Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Attention all photographers and MUA's

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:02 pm
I need your advice and opinions!
I've been going back and forth and cannot decide which one I should get into. I enjoy both. I'm creative, I love designing and producing a work of art.
Please help me decide by giving any advice, tips, pros and cons etc. in regards to recommended courses, what to look out for...TIA!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:03 pm
Photography is more work and way more time consuming. But also more money making.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:33 pm
thank you! anyone else?

Kumphort

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:38 pm
I’m not either of these, but I think the lifestyle is very different. Photography you can do from your house if you set up a studio. You can do the editing in your house. A makeup artist almost always works out of the house and on the clients schedules. Also much more of a touchy feely job if that bothers you.

Good luck with either decision

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:42 pm
Kumphort wrote:
I’m not either of these, but I think the lifestyle is very different. Photography you can do from your house if you set up a studio. You can do the editing in your house. A makeup artist almost always works out of the house and on the clients schedules. Also much more of a touchy feely job if that bothers you.

Thanks for your advice!

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:44 pm
Kumphort wrote:

Many make up artists only work from home

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 10:46 pm
Photography is a very difficult job. It’s really under appreciated and misunderstood. It requires many hours if you are doing it properly and professionally. Also the equipment is expensive and needs maintenance and upgrading all the time.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:22 pm
Don’t do either one.

Unless you love marketing. That’s what you’ll be doing 75% of the time.

Unless you’re doing it to keep from being bored, not to be profitable.

It’s TOUGH to market yourself, constantly finesse your skills and equipment and get your name out there and ultimately earn more than a cleaning lady does per hour, when you factor in ALL of the many hours you’ll work, which are 4-5x more hours than the time you spend with clients!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:29 pm
NEITHER

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 09 2023, 11:43 pm
You need a head for business and some level of entrepreneurial skill, unless you're the top top and your reputation somehow creates itself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries