Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Am I wrong? Fight with dh re pesach. Update page 3
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Who do you agree with about this situation?
Me  
 10%  [ 20 ]
Dh  
 89%  [ 172 ]
Total Votes : 192

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:46 am
amother Pear wrote:
My FIL was a millionaire but he was very simple in terms of how he dressed and acted so many people assumed he was poor.

He told me that his dentist had offered him a discount unsolicited which of course he didn't take.

I can really. My parents are the most simple people. They did not redo their house in 20 years with the same wallpaper that was probably there from like 60 years ago. People have no idea that they have millions because they literally don't act like it at all. Probably the opposite. But they are extremely generous with their kids and others but for themselves they feel that what is the point they're only in this world temporarily and they use their money to make others happy including helping their children and grandchildren. And they do not feel like they are lacking at but materialistic things bring them absolutely zero happiness unless they can use it to help others. I feel like it's very rare and none of their kids are exactly like them. We're all from a different generation I guess but they definitely gave us the feeling of wanting to help our children and giving tzedekah.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 5:26 am
amother OP wrote:
on the notes in the application it said to describe our situation. I wrote that we are both working but make low income with 2 kids. I didn't lie about anything. It also didn't say on the application that it was only for the needy

A number of people suggested that you call and ask them.

I'd love to see an update after you do that, if you're willing to share.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics