Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Ways to save money
Previous  1  2  3

s1

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 8:49 am
Also turn your heating thermostat down half a degree. If you’re cold , put on a jumper!
(Degrees Celsius , jumper = sweater)

paperflowers

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 9:32 am
When I get impulses to buy extras while grocery shopping, I let myself buy it if it’s under $5. This works very well because almost nothing is under $5 these days!

justforfun87

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 3:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow! Great food for thought!
Some of these I would never do even though it can save me money - like washing my own wig, not having cleaning help, or not using papergoods.
Washing my wig costs about $200 per year.
Cleaning help is $20 weekly.
Papergoods I don't want to know!! Btw - is there any way to buy cheaper papergoods?

I consider my cleaning lady in leu of therapy so it is worth the $100/week to me. I stopped using disposables by about 90% by buying really cheap reusable Target bowls/plates. They are easy to throw into the dishwasher. We now just use disposables when having guests on Shabbos. It took a bit of time to remind the kids to grab one over plastic plates but they are finally getting it. In Baltimore I actually don't find that produce is way worse in the Jewish markets compared to area markets. I personally do not have the time to go to Aldi's and using Instacart/tipping doesn't end up saving much. I do place drive up pickup orders from Target for cereals, condiments, bread, some canned goods.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics