Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When did you start making Pesach?
1  2  3  4  Next

How many years were you married when you started making Pesach?
I made Pesach since I was single  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Shana Rishona  
 18%  [ 67 ]
2-5 years  
 36%  [ 129 ]
6-9 years  
 17%  [ 63 ]
10-13 years  
 7%  [ 25 ]
14-17 years  
 2%  [ 8 ]
18+ years  
 0%  [ 3 ]
I've never made Pesach  
 7%  [ 26 ]
Other (explain in comments)  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 354

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:09 pm
Please no comments on how you felt about it, etc. (Save those comments for other threads!) Very Happy

Making Pesach=cleaning your house and kashering/covering to the extent that you would feel comfortable staying and eating at home AND cooking most of at least one meal

COVID doesn't count (no rotten tomatoes, it will skew the poll in a very unhelpful way). If you only made Pesach that year, that's 0. If you've made since, count the years since.

If you only make Pesach every so often, count the first year you did it.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
Please no comments on how you felt about it, etc. (Save those comments for other threads!) Very Happy

Making Pesach=cleaning your house and kashering/covering to the extent that you would feel comfortable staying and eating at home AND cooking most of at least one meal

COVID doesn't count (no rotten tomatoes, it will skew the poll in a very unhelpful way). If you only made Pesach that year, that's 0. If you've made since, count the years since.

If you only make Pesach every so often, count the first year you did it.

When I was pregnant with my 3rd I was due less than a month after pesach. The same with my 4th. I made a Seder for the first time when I was pregnant with my now almost 7 year old. We were home before that for part of chol hamoed and the second days, but I don’t remember when that started. I’m married 16 and change years, so someone can do the math for me.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:13 pm
About 15 years ago. I'm 42.

amother
Chicory

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:16 pm
Well I voted 2-5 yrs and then realized I did make pesach shana rishona, but then didn't again until year 3 or 4.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:18 pm
My husband made us Pesach the first year we were married as I was overdue and could not travel to my parents and we didn’t want to move into my in-laws for 8 days. I was working full time and he was learning so was off for bein hazmanim so he did all cleaning and kashering. My mother in law did send us home with food for chol hamoed and we went back the last days.
My father AH got sick soon after and we made Pesach almost every year after and hosted my parents and single siblings and am still hosting 35 years later.
But I have to say that my husband is an amazing cleaner so he took care of most of the cleaning in the early years while I did the cooking.

amother
Red

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:19 pm
2-5 years. Hosted my entire extended in law family the second year that we made pesach.

care4u

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:22 pm
6 years

amother
Apricot

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:22 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
When I was pregnant with my 3rd I was due less than a month after pesach. The same with my 4th. I made a Seder for the first time when I was pregnant with my now almost 7 year old. We were home before that for part of chol hamoed and the second days, but I don’t remember when that started. I’m married 16 and change years, so someone can do the math for me.

Me too! Exactly to the T. I was married for 6 years and I was pregnant with my 3rd and was due the day after Isru Chag. Went to my parents (local) for first days and was home Chol hamoed and second days. Two years later, pregnant with my 4th, I was due 2 weeks before Pesach. That was also the first year we were home for Seder.

Since then we've been home most years, at least part of YT.

mha3484

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:34 pm
My parents are not frum and my in laws are much older so a few months after marriage we cleaned and kashered but were invited out for all the meals. No sleeping anywhere. Same for the next year when we had a newborn.

The year after, my oldest was one and the first seder was friday night and we dont carry so we made our first seder and really liked it. We still went out for some lunches after that until our third kid and then we found ourselves happier at home for all the meals.

It was a nice gradual transition so making the full pesach was not overwhelming to us.

Jokes on me lol but now due to health issues I actually get a lot of help with meals the past few years and dont cook as much as I used to.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:36 am
I chose other.
I made a random pesach when I was married about 3 or 4 years.
Have been making pesach each year since married 10 years.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:37 am
I’m sure I’m not going to be the only one to say:

In 2020

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:39 am
I voted 2-5 years but I did turn over my kitchen and cook meals from shana rishona married 2 months.
I turned over my kitchen and cooked from shana rishona. Was never away for full pesach.

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:43 am
When I was a kid, my mom worked full time plus, so it was up to the kids to make Pesach.

So I can answer since I was single, and 18+ years. Smile

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:46 am
I had no choice but to make Pesach during Covid, I was 21 and married for 3 years…. We loved it so much that we make Pesach ourselves every year since then !!!!! The Seder is so cozy and romantic, like a long lovely date…. We put the babies to bed on time, don’t have any guests, and just have a lovely, peaceful Seder by ourselves.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:47 am
Covid.
Married 25 years.
I made for the last 3 years. (But had my parents by me for the last2 2)
Jury is still out about this year. Yes, I know Pesach is in like only 3 weeks. We were invited but are still weighing the pros and cons.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:52 am
I’m married 8 years. I made by Covid, but I don’t think I can see myself making pesach anytime in the next 5 years at least. It would make my parents too sad if we weren’t there by the Seder, and I also love the opportunity to spend quality time with family over yontif

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:54 am
When my oldest (who is now 10) was in kindergarten. Been making pesach since... pesach itself is beautiful but it's hard for me till we get there...

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:56 am
amother Natural wrote:
When my oldest was in kindergarten. Been making pesach since... pesach itself is beautiful but it's hard for me till we get there...

It's hard for everyone till we get there.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:08 am
I first made pesach the year I got married.
Since then I made pesach every single year (almost 25 years!) and my parents have been coming to me (and other extended family members) since I was married about 5 years. Thats just been my life cirucmstances. yes I would have loved to have gone away for yomtov. But there was nowhere to go. Thats just life. And after pesach when my guests leave, I am sorely in need of a vacation! lol

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:12 am
First time in 2020, but it was so wonderful that I did it again in 2021. I was married 12 years at the time.

This IY"H will be my 3rd year and I feel like I don't know where to start.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics