Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How to cut corrugated plastic counter cover around sinks

jflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:39 am
I'm planning on buying new sheets of corrugated plastic to cover my counters for pesach. Not sure how to cut out openings for the sinks. Can I use scissors?

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:40 am
We use box cutters

jflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:41 am
I once saw an ad for a counter cover specifically designed to work around the sink opening. Does anybody know where I can buy this? I live in Brooklyn. Thanks.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:41 am
jflower wrote:
I'm planning on buying new sheets of corrugated plastic to cover my counters for pesach. Not sure how to cut out openings for the sinks. Can I use scissors?

We used an exacto knife.

losingweight

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:43 am
put a flashlight in the sink. It will outline the sink perfectly for you. Cut around with a box cutter.

Busybee5

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:48 am
Stanley knife

Momafewx

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:50 am
Put a flashlight in the sink facing up. Cover the plastic and there will be a light shadow from the sink so you will know exactly where to cut without measuring.

teachkids

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 10:52 am
Tip- then close off the openings with hot glue or tape so water doesn't get inside and moldy

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:22 am
I use a box cutter/razor. I bought a sink cutout and use that to trace when I cut out new countertops. The corrugated sink cutouts are available at hardware stores and KRM.

jflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:30 am
Thanks to all who responded.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:37 am
losingweight wrote:
put a flashlight in the sink. It will outline the sink perfectly for you. Cut around with a box cutter.

Genius!!

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:40 am
I bought sink cutouts made by the corrugated counter top company. It helps so much because I can never cut straight. Whatever I cut looks like a child’s arts n crafts project 😕… and I’m already 50 years old!!

Alwaysmiling

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:40 am
jflower wrote:
I once saw an ad for a counter cover specifically designed to work around the sink opening. Does anybody know where I can buy this? I live in Brooklyn. Thanks.

right. you can buy them in any hardware store in Boro Park or Williamsburg. I bought it for both of my sinks 5 years ago and I storage them and reuse. Its a bit more pricey than the white plain boards but great quality and saves you a lot of time and effort.

jflower

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:41 am
amother Carnation wrote:
I bought sink cutouts made by the corrugated counter top company. It helps so much because I can never cut straight. Whatever I cut looks like a child’s arts n crafts project 😕… and I’m already 50 years old!!

Where did you buy these cutouts?

Alwaysmiling

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:42 am
amother Wallflower wrote:
Genius!!

Wow! where was this idea when my father worked so hard every year to cut a perfect sink?! ill tell him right now Wink
I buy the ready cut one but maybe this year ill try to cut it myself with this idea. epic!

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:12 pm
jflower wrote:
Where did you buy these cutouts?

In npgs in lakewood but I believe the Jewish owned hardware stores carry it too
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics