Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
The "all new Dekal" is Back- a o wiling to try it ?
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:02 am
no not a chance

octopus

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:39 am
Not a chance

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:44 am
Deleted.

Chloe22

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:13 am
No

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:30 am
amother Jade wrote:
They have guts.

Honestly- I do agree with that- it is brave to come back again, hopefully improved. But my counters were damaged. I will not take the chance....

Alwaysmiling

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 11:38 am
amother OP wrote:
Honestly- I do agree with that- it is brave to come back again, hopefully improved. But my counters were damaged. I will not take the chance....

also, last year I thought its something thicker and better than simple sticky paper. it was so thin to handle and took me a ton of time. At $40 a roll which had enough for only a half of my tiny kitchen it was a crazy price. This year ill buy the below link. its cheaper, its free returns, has good reviews and ill try it a week before pesoch on a small spot.

https://www.amazon.com/Wallpap.....;th=1

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:02 pm
Alwaysmiling wrote:
also, last year I thought its something thicker and better than simple sticky paper. it was so thin to handle and took me a ton of time. At $40 a roll which had enough for only a half of my tiny kitchen it was a crazy price. This year ill buy the below link. its cheaper, its free returns, has good reviews and ill try it a week before pesoch on a small spot.

https://www.amazon.com/Wallpap.....;th=1

Wow
This looks so much like the "dekal" stuff at a fraction of the price. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:06 pm
I don't think it's smart to put contact paper on counters in general.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:08 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Wow
This looks so much like the "dekal" stuff at a fraction of the price. Hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Dekel was specifically made to handle heat, it has a foil backing. It's not just contact paper.

amother
Oldlace

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:39 pm
Lol
No way
You know what they say... Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 5:39 pm
Raisin wrote:
I also did. I really do not like reciveing unasked for email, in Europe it isagainst the law to contact people who have not signed up to receive information. How did they get my information?

I was wondering the same thing.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:02 pm
I was very happy last year with D-C-fix contact paper. It was easy to apply and left no residue after the super easy removal.

SYA

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:06 pm
I bought it last year and had residue on my counters.

I was asking my local Jewish hardware store the different options. They mentioned that last year, the factory that actually made dekal waited to the last minute and switched around things in production. Dekal did not know until after Pesach when they got complaints and contacted the factory.

This year they switched to a new factory. They made it in advance so it can be tested. It is thicker and they had it tested on counters for a few months. The store had a sample on their checkout counter which they tested. They were reluctant to take it because of last year but agreed after testing themselves.

I am not promoting them as I don’t want any backlash if it doesn’t work again but just wanted to point out what I heard. I’m still not sure what I’ll be doing this year.

Yolo

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 6:20 pm
Would definitely buy it as they forsure tested it a million times and double checked everything is fine. They know they can't mess it up again and definitely took all the necessary precautions before bringing it to the shops...
It's a small business that deserves our trust again...

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:14 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Lol
No way

Yes I was just thinking that

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:53 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
Lol
No way

If they intentionally fooled you, maybe. But they didn't. A mistake happened. They owned it, they refunded it, and they took steps to make sure it won't happen again. You don't believe in second chances?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 8:57 pm
They should have demos set up in stores. Or they should give people a small sample to take home and try out.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:19 pm
amother OP wrote:

I didn’t mean brave.
Guts as in daring.

Most people aren’t going to risk it again so fast.
Not out of cruelty, just because scrubbing contact paper is a nightmare on Motzei Pesach.

It’s daring to invest money again into something that can fail so easily.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 9:43 pm
When people say they owned it and refunded people, did they pay for damaged counters or other damages?
Otherwise, why are people saying they came through?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics