Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Edible cookie dough

mollie21

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:53 am
Does anyone have an edible cookie dough recipe that they've used before that isn't too greasy or crumbly? I want to make cookie dough bites for a sheva brachos and want a recipe that I can trust will be good

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 12:16 pm
Bump.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 15 2023, 1:24 pm
Edible Cookie Dough

Source: Pioneer Woman

You need to treat the flour so it is safe to eat raw - see directions below

Ingredients

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. mix-ins: chocolate chips, mini M&M's, sprinkles, or chopped nuts

Directions

For the heat-treated flour: Place the flour in a large bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, until a digital thermometer inserted into the flour reads 165˚ (check the temperature in multiple spots to get an accurate read). Stir well, then let cool completely. Remove any small clumps.

Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment until creamy and well combined, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and milk and mix until combined.

In a small bowl, combine the salt and heat-treated flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing thoroughly to combine between each addition. With the mixer on low, add in your mix-ins and mix just until combined.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 5:13 pm
Amarante wrote:
Edible Cookie Dough

Source: Pioneer Woman

You need to treat the flour so it is safe to eat raw - see directions below

Ingredients

2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 c. mix-ins: chocolate chips, mini M&M's, sprinkles, or chopped nuts

Directions

For the heat-treated flour: Place the flour in a large bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, until a digital thermometer inserted into the flour reads 165˚ (check the temperature in multiple spots to get an accurate read). Stir well, then let cool completely. Remove any small clumps.

Combine the brown sugar and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a hand mixer or stand mixer with a paddle attachment until creamy and well combined, about 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and milk and mix until combined.

In a small bowl, combine the salt and heat-treated flour. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in 2 to 3 batches, mixing thoroughly to combine between each addition. With the mixer on low, add in your mix-ins and mix just until combined.

Thanks for responding!
2 questions-
Is there a definite point that the we can consider the flour to be heat treated if we don't have a thermometer?
Can I also use margarine instead of butter?

Amarante

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Stoneblue wrote:
Thanks for responding!
2 questions-
Is there a definite point that the we can consider the flour to be heat treated if we don't have a thermometer?
Can I also use margarine instead of butter?

Food thermometers are inexpensive and very useful for cooking all kinds of things. Since it is a question of food safety and you are serving to guests, I would err on the side of caution.

Most margarine doesn't taste as good as a good butter so the result won't be as good but theoretically you could swap buttery for margarine - but who would want to eat raw margarine?

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, May 16 2023, 6:18 pm
If you want to go the healthy route, Rorie has cookie dough protein balls on kosher.com
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....16776
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics