Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Job to bring in more money
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:43 pm
Hi
I'm looking for something I can do in the evenings from home to add extra income, any ideas?
Thank you

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:45 pm
Potato kugel.
In my neighborhood people get like $60 for a 9x13

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:50 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Potato kugel.
In my neighborhood people get like $60 for a 9x13

That's so cool!
My teen boys are always telling me to make my delicious potato kugel and sell it Very Happy . It would certainly take less time, energy and skill than the wash and sets I do that I charge the same $60 for...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:56 pm
I'm in Lakewood area, I don't think I can ask anything near that for potato kugel here. All of the takeouts sell them for 25-30$ I think

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm in Lakewood area, I don't think I can ask anything near that for potato kugel here. All of the takeouts sell them for 25-30$ I think

$45 for a 9x13

Try tutoring in the evenings.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:57 pm
amother SandyBrown wrote:
$45 for a 9x13

Try tutoring in the evenings.

I'm not the tutoring type but you think people would spend 45$ on a 9*13 kugel? I would definitely do it then

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm not the tutoring type but you think people would spend 45$ on a 9*13 kugel? I would definitely do it then

Don’t forget ingredients cost money.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:13 pm
What are you good at?

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:18 pm
amother OP wrote:

Why don't you price out the local places? Menachem's Dips charges somewhere around $45. Call around to similar places and find out. You can offer overnight or regular.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:05 am
What are you good at?
what do you enjoy doing

do u work by day if so what field

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:25 am
-Proofreading/editing
-Selling used items on Ebay
-Babysitting special needs
-Selling challah, kugels, baked goods, or dips
-Making shidduchim

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:00 am
How do I get into the editing/proofreading line?

SesameSeeds

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:24 am
OP, are you computer savvy? Are you interested in computer work?
If yes, please PM me

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:29 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
That's so cool!
My teen boys are always telling me to make my delicious potato kugel and sell it Very Happy . It would certainly take less time, energy and skill than the wash and sets I do that I charge the same $60 for...

For real? You’d rather stand there peeling pounds of potatoes? Washing a wig sounds better to me… ( I hate peeling potatoes- don’t know why)

justforfun87

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:49 am
Thank you for reminder. I just ordered Potato kugel for Pesach. Prices here in Baltimore for 9x13 kugel range from $30-40 or so.

gande

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:55 am
Babysitting special needs can be money making and a big mitzva.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:58 am
gande wrote:
Babysitting special needs can be money making and a big mitzva.

How much do people pay for that? I would assume not much. I imagine it is sometimes covered by social services, but then it is thought an agency and I can’t imagine that pays well.

It is a huge mitzvah and I would not want to deter anyone from helping out, but I would think it pays more in the bank upstairs than in cash.

In HS, my DD babysat SN through chessed organizations, but taht was not for pay.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:11 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
How much do people pay for that? I would assume not much. I imagine it is sometimes covered by social services, but then it is thought an agency and I can’t imagine that pays well.

It is a huge mitzvah and I would not want to deter anyone from helping out, but I would think it pays more in the bank upstairs than in cash.

In HS, my DD babysat SN through chessed organizations, but taht was not for pay.

Its not considered babysitting, its called com hab or repsite which is glorified babysitting and pays between $15-25 an hour depending on the agency you work with (the higher rates are typically aba so working for an agency like that would be better than regular com hab or respite). Its usually after school hours though unless you want to work with a baby who may have morning hours. This is NY, not sure if they have these kinds of agencies in New Jersey (although, I would assume if they do have this then the pay is better than in NY where the agency keeps most of the money they bill to the govt since its tax funded).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:20 pm
Thank you everyone for the ideas! I would love to sell on eBay but wouldn't know what to sell. How can I get jobs proofreading? I would definitely try selling kugels if I can sell for 45$ each. I work in a daycare from 9-3, I would like to bring in an extra 1500-2000$ extra a month if possible

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:09 pm
Do you have any old records, coins, CD's, computers, clothing? Do you have any relatives who may be willing to give you anything of their stuff in their home to get started? Any yard sales or people moving nearby that would be willing to give away some stuff, maybe even some stuff in great condition? Then, you can open an Ebay account, take pictures, price them, and start listing. May be helpful to do some research on selling for Ebay in advance so you know what to expect.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers