Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Babysitter pricing - not again:)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:08 am
deleted since I got my answer.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:10 am
Infant as in 6-12 months?
I think the going rate is about 725 month from 9-3
Friday till 12

Extended hours you can prob get 800

12-18 months is more like 650 and 725 for extended hours

This is south side of lkwd for reference

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:16 am
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6793653#6793653][b][c

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:29 am
amother OP wrote:
thaanks!
Can I charge more for 3-6 months? till 4;30 p.m.
What's the maximum I can charge? I'm giving up my playroom for this and will have someone take me over mid day. So I want to see how much I can profit from this.

3-12 months would be the same rate

I dont think ppl will pay daycare prices in a home situation

I think you can charge a set hourly fee for after hours- about $10-12 hr

Giving up your playroom is part of the job.. otherwise you would have to rent a space which would cost you

wts the max amount of infants you think you can handle?

I personally pay 250 a week for private sitter in her house who only takes care of my baby and hers
I would def not pay this price for a group of 5-6

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:36 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
3-12 months would be the same rate

I dont think ppl will pay daycare prices in a home situation

I think you can charge a set hourly fee for after hours- about $10-12 hr

Giving up your playroom is part of the job.. otherwise you would have to rent a space which would cost you

wts the max amount of infants you think you can handle?

I personally pay 250 a week for private sitter in her house who only takes care of my baby and hers
I would def not pay this price for a group of 5-6
makes sense.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:37 am
I think those numbers are too high. The higher end for 12-18m is 600. For 0-12m most I’ve seen so far is 700 and ppl considered that very high, she only took in 3 babies so she justified it. It really depends how many babies you take. The less you take the more ppl will pay. If you take more kids, you have to charge less. Also very much dependent where you live, in Toms River the rates are higher than lakewood. Old Lakewood, ppl would never pay those rates. I’f you’re looking to make big bucks, you’ve come to the wrong field. Doing it in your house saves you $ to rent a place so that’s a bonus for you. Obviously using your place be prepared to have the place get a little ruined once the kids start moving around towards the end of the year.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:38 am
OP No one is paying 1,000 unless you’re only watching their baby plus maybe your own and offer extended too plus work all days etc etc etc.
Think of it this way, will you pay 1k for a babysitter? Is it worth it for you? If you don’t think so, ppl won’t think so either.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:42 am
amother OP wrote:
makes sense.
I wonder if anyone would? Because I would want to charge approx $1,000 a month. I know that giving up the playroom is part of the job. I'm trying to see if it's even worth it.

No 1k is way to much
Unless you only do 2 kids..

Like I initially said 725 is going rate for a group of 5 -6 in the south side of lkwd ( old lkwd would be less)

800 would be with overtime hours
But def not more than that

Also most sitters have a cleaning lady most days p/t to do cleanup so that doesnt take away time and att frm the kids

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:43 am
I know 1 babysitter who charges $1000 a month. She babysits for 2 babies, plus hers, from 9:00-4:30, Fridays until 1:00 (2:00 after Pesach) and doesn't take off midwinter, Chanuka, and only takes off Erev and Isru Chag Pesach and Sukkos- no days leading up and she works Erev Shavuos and Erev Rosh Hashanah.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:44 am
ok then, I'm not considering it anymore.
I really appreciate the replies!
From past threads it seemed like ppl would pay those numbers but I guess I was wrong.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:47 am
I know a babysitter in Toms River that charges $900 a month for 8 babies up to 12 months, with extended hours. Insane imo. Really depends what area you’re in OP.

Happens to be she had several empty slots last time I spoke to her so that rate may not even be normal in TR.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 9:52 am
Yes and there is a babysitter in my development that wanted to charge 825 for a a grp of 8
Well apparently she was not getting any takers since she went down to 650 and included lunch and snacks..
As desperate as ppl are.. these prices rrly dont make sense
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries