Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lkwd salary for very exp MEDICAL biller
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 6:11 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
Just wondering, if you're working 9-3 you probably work around 26 hours a week.
at $80k, that's $60/hr

I am a PA in Lakewood with almost 10 years' experience. I make $70/hr. (no benefits, no PTO)

Just wondering if that makes sense, and what's the point in my degree if someone makes similar without one...

Your degree allows you to do meaningful satisfying work... (at least some of the time).

Vera

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 6:19 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Your degree allows you to do meaningful satisfying work... (at least some of the time).

Its a recent thing that office workers are earning so much ... Since eo was running to get degrees (past 15 years) those fields flooded and offices were desperate for good workers. Now all post seminary girls are running to offices so there's gonna be a lot of competition and degree workers will be more needed..Best is to choose something your good at and enjoy and that where you'll see success.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 6:23 pm
Vera wrote:
Its a recent thing that office workers are earning so much ... Since eo was running to get degrees (past 15 years) those fields flooded and offices were desperate for good workers. Now all post seminary girls are running to offices so there's gonna be a lot of competition and degree workers will be more needed..Best is to choose something your good at and enjoy and that where you'll see success.

and the wages for medical billing will dry up as soon as the automation and AI improve.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:31 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
The Lakewood job market is like no other. People don’t need degrees to earn 60-80k at office jobs.

I still don't understand how it's possible.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:33 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
at $80k, that's $60/hr

I am a PA in Lakewood with almost 10 years' experience. I make $70/hr. (no benefits, no PTO)

Just wondering if that makes sense, and what's the point in my degree if someone makes similar without one...

as someone in the field. Ask for a raise!!! (esp if there is no PTO?!?!?) or get a new job!!! There is so much opportunity in lakewood!!!
what does that come out in terms of yearly salary?

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 8:53 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
and the wages for medical billing will dry up as soon as the automation and AI improve.

Agreed. But not too soon.

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:40 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
at $80k, that's $60/hr

DD would tell you, no point.
But everyone is different and has different abilities and passions...not everyone wants to do same kind of work.

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 9:48 pm
PA: do you have ability to work in a hospital or another setting that has much better benefits?
Will your salary go up?

80k for part time is *not* the usual. A lucky few get it but not most of us. I make under 50 k for 22 hours a week. (Still great for no degree!)

Also I agree about meaningful work. I found a meaningful job but most job postings I notice do not appeal to me. Your work is probably 1000 more interesting than office work.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:04 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
as someone in the field. Ask for a raise!!! (esp if there is no PTO?!?!?) or get a new job!!! There is so much opportunity in lakewood!!!
what does that come out in terms of yearly salary?

I was making $135K annually (full time) at $65/hr. I asked for a raise three times and was told no. When I gave in a resignation letter, I got my raise Smile to $70/hr, but I also cut down to part time. So about $73K for 20 hours per week. But I also take calls once in a while at home (meaning, I can leave my phone for about an hour but definitely need to check it every 2-3 hours even while I'm off).

Yes, my work is meaningful (most of the time) but stressful (most of the time) like so many other people's work. If I work at a hospital, I could possibly make a little more an hour but not much. (Maybe $80/hr). The payscale in the frum Lakewood economy is unlike any other, and insurance reimbursements and Medicare/Medicaid cannot compete. In fact, Medicare cut reimbursement rates this year...

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I was making $135K annually (full time) at $65/hr. I asked for a raise three times and was told no. When I gave in a resignation letter, I got my raise Smile to $70/hr, but I also cut down to part time. So about $73K for 20 hours per week. But I also take calls once in a while at home (meaning, I can leave my phone for about an hour but definitely need to check it every 2-3 hours even while I'm off).

Yes, my work is meaningful (most of the time) but stressful (most of the time) like so many other people's work. If I work at a hospital, I could possibly make a little more an hour but not much. (Maybe $80/hr). The payscale in the frum Lakewood economy is unlike any other, and insurance reimbursements and Medicare/Medicaid cannot compete. In fact, Medicare cut reimbursement rates this year...

As a biller without a degree??
All these newly married girls in Lakewood should be supporting their parents with such salaries, not vice versa!!

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:25 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
All these newly married girls in Lakewood should be supporting their parents with such salaries, not vice versa!!

Firebrick said she was a PA….not a medical biller

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 10:28 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:

No, she's a PA

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Mar 13 2023, 11:16 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:

Most people in Lakewood with no degree are NOT making $73k for 20 hours. Really really not. Also you have the ability to do a small side business at night if you wanted- maybe strep cultures etc, no?

How many years are you doing this?

Also, hospitals have great benefits incl health insurance and I think 401ks.

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:51 am
And offices 'aint all it cracked up to be- there's a reason they pay so well.

I worked in a financial office for a couple of years, came in with no exp and got started at over $35/hour for about 30-32 hours a week, which came out to about 55k, which was amazing, BUT the pressure, the toxicity, the no boundaries... mostly from C- level, my coworkers were dolls. They basically own you for the salary they pay you.

The tznius/ men sich was very frum bh, but the career mentality of the women was mind-boggling, esp for a community that prides itself on 'wife/mother first, work a bit to support my learning hubby'; to get to any mgmt position at all you need to be ready to work every night from home for multiple hours (after working 9-3 minimum during the day and running a home in the pm), and the pressure to crank out reports, respond to multiple Outlook accounts at once, etc- like 150 email a day minimum, each with complicated situations and adjustments that need to happen and feedback given... and project deadlines...

I've lived in OOT places with strong young professionals community, and I am currently in school for a health- related degree, and the professionalism, corporate culture, and boundaries are amazing- everyone stays in their lane, etc. But then again, they are not trying to make you do a 9-6 job in 5 hours a day, and they have enough funding so that the professors and instructors etc don't work too hard- there's enough ppl to go around:) And I've found secular ppl to be more respectful of frum holidays- if you x take advantage and get your work done- than do frum supervisors who can't understand why you can't just answer work-related emails erev YK after like 3 pm...

Just my personal experience, and maybe ppl have better boundaries in place so they can handle saying 'no' to the boss that should know better but keeps asking for just this and just that and just stay later this week and just take over for shprintze cuz she's being out for 3 months....

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:54 am
And now with bank collapsing... I wonder what the next year will look like for many offices who rely on their Signature etc banks relationships to 'handel' and keep the commerce going; Hashem should help us all and have rachmanus and not make it too painful:(

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:51 am
I know a medical billing supervisor that is doing it for 20 years making $150k
I just saw a classified this week for a medical billing supervisor for btwn 100-150k
This is Lakewood, btw.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:40 am
OP HERE update. boss was willing to go up to 65k. told my supervisor that ppl with 1 year experience are getting 65k. I have been doing billing for 10+ years. I requested 50$ hourly which is around 70k but I wonder if they will get it. at this point im considering applying to different places

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:54 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I know a medical billing supervisor that is doing it for 20 years making $150k
I just saw a classified this week for a medical billing supervisor for btwn 100-150k
This is Lakewood, btw.

The ad you saw was most likely for full time.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP HERE update. boss was willing to go up to 65k. told my supervisor that ppl with 1 year experience are getting 65k. I have been doing billing for 10+ years. I requested 50$ hourly which is around 70k but I wonder if they will get it. at this point im considering applying to different places

No one with 1 year of experience is getting 65k for 20-22 hours a week.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:55 pm
amother Bellflower wrote:
No one with 1 year of experience is getting 65k for 20-22 hours a week.

I never said that. I think you are mixing ke up with the PAs that chimed in on this thread.
I did medical billing for 10+ years. I requested 80k for 27 hours weekly. boss said he would give 47$ which comes to 65k.
can I get more than 47$ elsewhere?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics