Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Air Fryer in Oven

kerem

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 2:19 am
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a new electric under the counter oven. One of the options - very expensive- is an air fryer option in the oven. Was wondering if anyone has experience with those - does the oven actually get used as an air fryer, is it worth the expense?

Thank you

Debbig

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 3:25 am
I recently got a new oven & it has air fry.
I’m enjoying it.
Mostly for bread chicken cutlets & chicken wings.
The cutlets stay much more moist then when I used to bake them. The wings r really good but I think you can achieve a similar result by baking & them broiling.
I haven’t really tried anything else on air fry.

tryinghard

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:20 am
When I’ve used mine I ended up burning whatever it is 🤷🏻‍♀️

kerem

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 7:55 am
Thanks for your responses. Anyone else?

Rivaa

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:55 am
Bumping this up as I'm considering a gas oven with air fry for pesach. Is it worth the extra money??

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 11:57 am
I love my air fryer but one of the reasons it works so well is that the heat circulates in a small space so the food cooks really fast.

I bought a toaster oven that claimed to air fry but the fan was at the back vs on top and it really just tasted baked not air fried. So you want to see where the heating element is in the oven.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:10 pm
Don't bother to get the air fryer option in a full size oven.

An air fryer is essentially just a convection oven in a small space so it heats up more quickly and hotter.

It doesn't work as well in a full size oven,

Just get a good convection oven and if you cook breaded items elevated on a rack, they brown very nicely because they are exposed on all sides.

Do get a high quality convection oven. A true convection oven has three heating elements. Many ovens are billed as "convection ovens" but they aren't really as all they have is a feature that blows the air around which theoretically produces more even cooking.

monkeymamma

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:13 pm
Amarante wrote:
Don't bother to get the air fryer option in a full size oven.

An air fryer is essentially just a convection oven in a small space so it heats up more quickly and hotter.

It doesn't work as well in a full size oven,

Just get a good convection oven and if you cook breaded items elevated on a rack, they brown very nicely because they are exposed on all sides.

Do get a high quality convection oven. A true convection oven has three heating elements. Many ovens are billed as "convection ovens" but they aren't really as all they have is a feature that blows the air around which theoretically produces more even cooking.

Have you ever tried an air fryer? If not, then how would you know if the convection oven works better if you never tried an air fryer?

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:41 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
Have you ever tried an air fryer? If not, then how would you know if the convection oven works better if you never tried an air fryer?

Yes I have worked with a counter top air fryer.

I was commenting on a large oven with an air fryer option.

The reason a relatively small air fryer works is because of the small size. it doesn't translate to large ovens.

But OP should google the reviews and explanations and decide for herself.

There is something called a Speed Oven which is a separate small oven that is especially useful for cooking crispy foods in larger quantities quickly and crisply. It relies on a different technology. You can read about the GE Advantium ovens.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars