Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Chicken dish ideas that I can freeze?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:50 pm
I need to cook in advance this year and freeze as much as possible. Is there any chicken recipe that I can cook and then freeze to be warmed up on the day it will be eaten?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 2:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
I need to cook in advance this year and freeze as much as possible. Is there any chicken recipe that I can cook and then freeze to be warmed up on the day it will be eaten?

Oh no! Cooked chicken doesn’t freeze well, always tastes different than when fresh.

Freeeze the prepped chicken raw and then defrost and bake when you’re ready to use it.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 3:15 pm
Actually dark meat does freeze and reheat really well as long as there is a sauce.

Chicken breasts (white meat) don't reheat well because they dry out.

I have some chicken thigh recipes that freeze and reheat well. I assume this is for Pesach?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 4:39 pm
I find chicken with a sauce freezes fine. Does it taste exactly the same as fresh, possibly not, but it tastes fine to us.
I have a nice sticky chicken recipe that I use for pesach. I find many chicken recipes aren't using chometz ingredients and can be used for pesach. Spices are fine, wine is fine etc, even if you are strict with what you use.

lfab

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:46 pm
Pretty much any chicken on the bone recipe cooked in sauce will be fine when frozen. Will it be as good as fresh? Maybe not, but will be totally fine. Chicken cutlets are a little trickier. For that I usually prep and freeze raw. If it's a saucy recipe, like a sesame sauce, I have done it but usually better if cooked fresh.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 5:49 pm
amother Papaya wrote:
I find chicken with a sauce freezes fine. Does it taste exactly the same as fresh, possibly not, but it tastes fine to us.
I have a nice sticky chicken recipe that I use for pesach. I find many chicken recipes aren't using chometz ingredients and can be used for pesach. Spices are fine, wine is fine etc, even if you are strict with what you use.

What's the sticky chicken recipe?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 6:40 pm
Prep trays of shnitzel with various coatings (chips, crushed Mandel, pesach crumbs) and freeze them raw. Bake on 400 for 25-30 min to cook fresh and delicious. I have even baked frozen raw shnitzel at 300 degrees (the temp I usually have my oven on YT) and it came out great. It needed about 45 min iirc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics