Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Accepted a job, need to name my price
Previous  1  2

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
Wow...I really don't think so. I want to ask for $40k but will probably err on the side of caution and ask for $38...wish I had the guts to ask for $40.

Isn't 38,000 for 12 hours a week rather high? She said 50 for a half day, likely closer to 20 hours a week

lamplighter

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:50 pm
If they ask you for a number say 40k. I doubt that they have a higher number in mind. They will likely negotiate for lower.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 12:57 pm
lamplighter wrote:
If they ask you for a number say 40k. I doubt that they have a higher number in mind. They will likely negotiate for lower.

Wow, for a full time job that would translate to over 150,000. There is no way that's an average teacher salary

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:08 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Isn't 38,000 for 12 hours a week rather high? She said 50 for a half day, likely closer to 20 hours a week

4th grade boys so age 9-10 is a really hard year. You need really good classroom management skills and a tough personality or the boys walk all over you. They are not little kids anymore but not really that big either and there can be a lot chutzpah as they figure their place. My boys yeshiva tends to have mature experienced women for 4th grade that comes with higher expectations salary wise.

The new teachers with less experience tend to teach the youngest kids who are mostly compliant and cute.

cupcake123

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:14 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Wow, for a full time job that would translate to over 150,000. There is no way that's an average teacher salary

But it's not a full time job. At the end of the day it will come out to more per hour when people work more part time.
OP I would ask for 40k and you'll prob get 35k.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:17 pm
They would offer 50k if you were a man. I would def ask for 40k.

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:21 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
No one could do that job full time. It takes so much energy. I tutored boys that age and just my group of 4 took a lot out of me. (Granted they were the boys who had the hardest time sitting still, which is why they were in a small group for English)

Usually boys schools pay quite well for those hours, because otherwise they will have no teachers. I don’t know what the ranges are but I know it works out to a nice amount per hour.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I really don’t know what’s normal but I would guess 80?

So sorry misread and thought it was full time

mikayla18

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:29 pm
I would say 45-50k. Wouldn't accept less especially if you're traveling. And a masters degree. Not a question
How much are you getting now? That you would do 38?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics