Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lkwd salary for very exp MEDICAL biller
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I never said that. I think you are mixing ke up with the PAs that chimed in on this thread.
I did medical billing for 10+ years. I requested 80k for 27 hours weekly. boss said he would give 47$ which comes to 65k.
can I get more than 47$ elsewhere?

For sure as a supervisor, but you might have maxed out as a regular HMO biller…

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:26 pm
I have some experience in the healthcare field.

Medical billing is looked as as an entry level kind of position. These kind of positions sometimes have a cap on the salary paid, meaning they won't want to give big raises just because of experience.
Additionally, many of the larger NH management companies in Lakewood are not willing to pay so much $ to keep their employees overall, and they would rather higher new, inexperienced workers and train them in.

OP, at your point many people are looking to be promoted so that they can increase their salary. With 10 years of experience, you should speak to a recruiter to see if there are any options for growth.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 7:57 pm
OP here. at this point I don't want to be a supervisor and would like to be a biller. I am super experienced and understand that there is a cap, but my question is did the max salary go up for regular HMO billers? is 65k max salary for 9-3? (I technically do have a full time workload according to my office)

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
OP here. at this point I don't want to be a supervisor and would like to be a biller. I am super experienced and understand that there is a cap, but my question is did the max salary go up for regular HMO billers? is 65k max salary for 9-3? (I technically do have a full time workload according to my office)

It really depends where you work. Like I mentioned, the larger companies may not be willing to pay so much when they can hire entry level. They don't value experience.

In a smaller company you have more opportunity to be valued for your skills and experience. A smaller company may pay you above market price just because they don't want you to leave.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 8:44 pm
amother Grape wrote:
It really depends where you work. Like I mentioned, the larger companies may not be willing to pay so much when they can hire entry level. They don't value experience.

In a smaller company you have more opportunity to be valued for your skills and experience. A smaller company may pay you above market price just because they don't want you to leave.

I work for one the larger companies. is there a way I can contact you? are you familiar with the smaller companies?

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:21 pm
I am not familiar Sad
I work for a large company as well and I too am being severely underpaid (in a managerial position).
I would suggest reaching out to a recruiting agency.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 14 2023, 10:54 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I am not familiar Sad
I work for a large company as well and I too am being severely underpaid (in a managerial position).
I would suggest reaching out to a recruiting agency.

oh well. wonder if we both work for the same large employer or is it every large company?

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 12:22 am
Haha you never know. If I am in your company I don't work in your department anyways.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:27 pm
bh I got the raise that I wanted! tx everyone for your input.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:35 pm
I work in similar field Brooklyn
Just got promoted to manager and 75 k 30 hrs week. This thread makes me think I shld be making more..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics